• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Beliefs

L

Lab rat

Warning: philosophy of the sleep deprived lies in this post.

why do we believe the things we do when there’s clearly evidence to the contrary?

ocd seems to be a comfortable bedfellow of schizophrenia as does superstition. I check and check things and always panic that I’ve forgotten to lock a door, the car etc. I hate paying for anything by card, I always think that theives or the government has my bank details and is monitoring or stealing from me.

I must be the only people in the uk to welcome the lockdown 😔 but it gives me too much time to think.

it’s odd what you believe! I believe in god and I believe I’ve met him and for a long time he spoke to me and controlled me. Mh services call this a delusion.

I used to shop on the dark net. I know, I know and I believe I was hacked and a group of hackers are watching me. This has resulted in my staying off the dark web, getting new phones/tablet/laptop only now I have eliminated every trace of it, are the beliefs beginning to fall apart. It’s hard, when you do as much work as I do online having beliefs that a group of hackers are trying to destroy you is a serious problem.

what do you believe? Do you recognise it to be a delusion? Can something make it better? Can you be talked out of it?

A

Am33

Well I trying to work on having no beliefs its freeing .Beliefs limit you like what can be done with a smart phone . I study a little science and in the 1800's scientists believed all the major discoveries were over in science .What a shakeup Einstein did with e=mc2 .