• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Beliefs after period of psychotic depression

L

LM36

Hi,

I hear a voice on and off depending on medication and life circumstances. The voice tells me I can bring someone back to life through specific means I’d rather not share.

My question is this, whilst I do not hear this voice right now I still believe Alex (voice) is real and he is guarding the person and punishing me through OCD thoughts and compulsions. Does anyone understand this?

confused 😐

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
My belief after two episodes of psychosis which includes voice hearing are that we all share our body with another consciousness, for all intents and purposes they may be considered to be our twin brother or sister although a 'twin within'.

I believe we're the designated driver of the body and they're like a passenger mind along for the ride.

I also believe they have many abilities to make up for them being a passenger but resurrecting people is not one of them.

L

LM36

That’s really interesting, thank you for replying 😊

I should have mentioned that I don’t believe the person is dead, more ‘elsewhere’ so I wouldn’t be resurrecting.

I just don’t see how it can be illness if I still know it to be true when in everyone’s eyes I’m ‘stable’ …