• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Being watched?

P

purple_elephants

Last night, out of the blue when in bed, I had the horrible feeling of being watched from both my clocks, and outside. I had to actually turn my clock around because the signals of me being watched was being send out. To who, I didn't know, but I thought it was. While this was going on bright light, from a car?, occurred from outside my one window, really freaked me out. I knew I was being crazy, but that didn't make it go away. Than I had a realllyy bad panic attack; pounding heart, sense of doom, hyperventilation, all the classic signs. All of this lasted for at least an hour, and I guess I just fell asleep while it went on. As usual, I felt find today, tired and cranky, but fine.

ANY ideas as to why this happened so suddenly? Do I need to call my pdoc? What do I tell her; "hi, I was afraid to get out of bed, or call anyone, because I was being watched and any and all electronics are being bugged". No.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm sorry you had such a bad time of it, and am glad things are a bit better today.:hug1:

It might be worth having a conversation with your pdoc about it, but I suppose it depends on how comfortable you'd be doing that.

Sometimes these things do come out of the blue - it's like a hyper-awareness all of a sudden that leads to a panic attack. I don't know why, but I get these kinds of experiences too.

P

purple_elephants

UPDATE:

Oh, it was until I went out to eat at a fast food place. I took my two drinks home with me, that I left unattended for 5 seconds to throw out my trash, and threw them out when I got home as I was afraid someone did something to them.

I also forgot to mention that 2 nights ago the same things happened, but in reverse order; I had the panic attack first, and then even worse paranoia then the second night.

I did call my pdoc, and she called me back tonight. She wants me to come in, but there aren't any openings, so I have to call daily for cancellations. She said that my BP is acting up, and she wants to try me on yet another mood stabilizer, but doesn't know which one due to my severe reactions to the last 6 or 7 ones I've tried. Would this make me manic then?

S

Suziblue

I am so glad someone else posted this! I had two similar experiences this week, first time I was convinced a man I passed in the streets had a green scary face. This led to shrieking and running home with my wee one thinking we were playing a game! Next one was a man with a very white scary face, no screaming tyhis time but another sprint for home. Even went so far as to ask my husband and eldest son to watch out for them. Now I'm pretty sure I imagined them but a wee bit of the back of my mind is whispering that I can see them and they know I can see them. Can't believe I exposed the crazy here but I had to tell someone who might get it x

P

purple_elephants

Suziblue- That must have been scary for you. Thankfully, knock on wood, I haven't had visual hallucinations yet. I know what you mean that logically we KNOW these scary thoughts/ideas aren't real, but we still can't not believe them either. Oh, this is one of the few places I can share my crazy lady issues, and not be judged. My friends are amazing as well, but some of this stuff lately is scaring them, and I don't want to do that either, no matter how much I desire and appreciate their love and support.

Tonight is better so far, it is 2:30 am here. I had to take a Xanax an hour ago because I felt anxious, teary eyed, and jittery, like I needed to move. It hasn't kicked in yet, but even though it wasn't a panic attack, I am hoping that it calms me down enough to get some sleep tonight.

I am sorry for not replying earlier, I just wasn't in the mood to type all of this out on here.