• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Being too dependent on someone..

J

Jisatsu

Does anyone have the problem of being so attached to someone you don't even realise until they're gone?

I feel so stupid for saying that I'm this attached to my boyfriend but he's the only person I can talk to about everything, I mean he's my best friend as much as he is my boyfriend. I've known him for so long now I'm just so comfortable with him. He's away at the moment and whenever he's gone I get so low. I don't really know what to do without him to talk to because I have no one.. :( Then I get scared because I know he can't be around all the time and when we go to uni or whatever, it'll be even harder..

Feeling low and lost and lonely at the moment.

A

Adi01

This is a good point. I have been seperated/divorced from my ex wife for 15 years, i loved her very much. However for the final 5 years of our marriage i tried desperately to hold our marriage together. The fact is we had stopped talking,communication a problem until we had nothing to say to each other, she didnt want keeping our marriage together she wanted it finished and if i would have been brave enough i would have walked away. But i loved her so much i couldnt. i didnt want to admit the end. In the end i let all my friends go,all to appease her so i had nobody to talk to. What im trying to say is, keep your friends, they are important to you,particulary when you have difficult times,specially if you want to moan about the old man but most important keep talking to your other half,keep it fresh and be honest with each.

Sorry im ranting!!!!!

D

DrawWithMe

Ranting is good, Adi01! ^^

Yes, Jisatsu, make sure you spend time with your friends and family as well as your boyfriend. It's great you guys have such an understanding! And plus, you came to post on here, showing you have another outlet for when you're feeling low. That's brilliant :D

Adi01, sorry to hear that, but don't forget that we can help ^^ if you want someone to rant to, I'm more than happy to listen. Thanks for sharing. Take care ♥ x

S

stxo

i know exactly what you mean. i got very attached to someone, that in the end i actually scared them off. it hurt so much, because they were the only person i would speak to, and then i was left with no-one. you need to keep a good network of people around you, from different areas of your life. it's hard, but it has to be done, so that you don't crash. once you've got there, you'll feel so much better, honestly! good luck xx

D

DELATEXT

Sadness

Missing someone is dreadful, and if you love that person it's a lot worse ??
Just now i 'm suffering so i totally understand what you're feeling ??
Sorry cannot say more just now..

:(:(:(

J

Jisatsu

:( I hope you feel better soon.

The fact that I only have one person to rely on frightens me and makes me feel even more lonely.

H

Hatstand

:( I hope you feel better soon.

The fact that I only have one person to rely on frightens me and makes me feel even more lonely.
One person Jisatsu,
I'm pretty sure there is more than 10 of us on this forum. That ain't bad.
You will find your own strength soon enough. You will...no really, you will!! x:hug:

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Its scary to be this dependent on someone, I'm the same with my husband. I'm agoraphobic and can only leave the house with him. I worry what I would do if something happened to him and how I would cope, I honestly don't think I would because although I have friends, they are only friends that I keep in contact with by phone.
Jisatsu, maybe if you both went out together and mixed with other people your own age then you would form bonds with other people, though I know this is difficult when you just want to be with this one person 24/7.

amathus

amathus

Does anyone have the problem of being so attached to someone you don't even realise until they're gone?

I feel so stupid for saying that I'm this attached to my boyfriend but he's the only person I can talk to about everything, I mean he's my best friend as much as he is my boyfriend. I've known him for so long now I'm just so comfortable with him. He's away at the moment and whenever he's gone I get so low. I don't really know what to do without him to talk to because I have no one.. :( Then I get scared because I know he can't be around all the time and when we go to uni or whatever, it'll be even harder..

Feeling low and lost and lonely at the moment.
I have experienced losing someone I loved through the death of a partner, that may be the extreme to this topic. It has made me realise that perhaps I should have kept up with some of my friendships ensuring a solid network of friends to whom I could turn to.
My advice, try and build up you're own social network, sometimes it's a big step, but it will help especially at times of loneliness.

meteos.