Being refused a second opinion

T

Trekster33

Hello all

After 10 months of the mental health team emotionally blackmailing me into signing the consent form, I finally relented under duress. But they are still refusing me access to a second opinion.

I feel this is because my gender dysphoria makes my autism presentation to be different to what's expected.

The team have admitted in writing that they are inexperienced in assessing transgender patients for autism in one breath then deny me a access to a second opinion in another. I've tried contacting people who know my case for support but all those doors are closing in on me as well.

My cptsd is severely triggered off and with the anniversary of 7th August coming up (technically 30th june) of being originally diagnosed as autistic I'm getting more and more triggered off. I feel like people do not believe me about anything.

How do I get referred for a second opinion? My GP is under the impression he needs permission from the first in order for someone to see me. I've found a service that could theoretically see me but they are refusing to do so due to workload.

I could go back to my MP but unsure how he could help if at all.

Any ideas on how I can get referred for a second opinion. My GP wants to refer me he's just stick on how.

Luci

Luci

Complain to the health and social care ombudsman. Are there any autism support charities in your area? Or any mental health charities who could help you? Or an advocate service? Sometimes just hearing it from another service is enough? But definitely complain to ombudsman. If you want a second opinion you should be referred for one!

I

Inrar

Your situation sounds very frustrating and emotionally antagonising.
It's unfair to refuse you a second a opinion, as well as invalidating you as well!

Could legal assistance be an option?
Citizens Advice have an 'Discrimination in health and care services' - maybe they could help?

T

Trekster33

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

I went to cqc last year when this happened, but didn't hear back from them. i also went to PALS. I tend to get the energy to complain so I do then I loose the energy or motivation as it overloads me resulting in being 'late' to chase up the complaint. I put late in quotes because if there's no fixed deadline then I struggle to get something done.

I've been berated for asking for help because I had flashbacks of a previous cab person who I found repetitive and confusing. When I started getting upset about this I was stabbed in the back as I left. One minute she was validating my experiences next minute she told me
"happy to help you today but the person you're complaining about happens to be one of my heroes", I was saying how things were as I saw them. But the online guides I've used in the past have been helpful so will try them again.

I'm tempted to email my MP again. He's quite active in his fields band has assisted us in the past.