Being referred to in the third person.

M

mrspoon

I was telling my psychologist about something that happened on my second admission to the priory hospital. What happened was, I used to sit alone with a book, in the quiet area most days, and a woman would something walk through saying hello as she walked past. Over time,she started to say 'hello {my name}'. I didn't think much of it. I wasn't even sure if she was staff or a patient to be honest.

One day, I was sitting with two female patients and this same woman walked past, and said hello to me again. As she walked off the other female patients referred to her as a 'nasty cow' amongst other things,she was their psychiatrist apparently and they hated her. Personally I thought she was nice, seemed pleasant to me.

I had a ward round I think the last one before I was discharged. In the room was my psychiatrist, a psychiatric nurse, my named nurse and this other psychiatrist. My psychiatrist did most of the talking, asking for input from the nurses, the other psychiatrist remained silent. I was told I could go. As I stood up, this psychiatrist said to mine, 'I want him, I will give you any of my lot for him' My psychiatrist laughed at her, and said I could go.

I look back on that now, and I just feel like why didn't she interact with me during that meeting? But then just say that about me to my psychiatrist. Like it is something that I always remember when I think about hospital, I felt suffocated in there and had no control I felt . This encounter did not help. Maybe Iam super sensitive? I don't know.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i remember national schitzoprenic fellowship coffee mornings in brum and the crys of does he take sugar

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Services 3