• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Being Productive

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Part of recovery for me means being productive. I have been VERY depressed and anxious since January, and although I am in uni, I have done very little that has been productive, both in terms of course work and every day life. But today for the first time since the end of December I started my day with a morning walk. I showered, and worked on a presentation for 1 hour and 20 minutes (told myself I was going to work for an hour), made a quinoa chickpea stew, and now I have started doing laundry and baking cookies. My apartment still looks like a complete disaster, but I'm going to work on it a little bit every day until it's tidy and clean. I know it's going to be a bumpy ride, but I really hope this is the beginning of coming out of the darkness and despair. It is spring, and green things are appearing everywhere. Trees are blossoming, and leaves are budding; the ducks and geese are pairing up, the bald eagle is up in his tree, and red-breasted robins are fluttering around making their nests. The world is waking up from winter's slumber, and I am starting to feel alive with wonder.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Sounds like a good day to me.
I think this time of year can be good for gently encouraging more activity.
They do call it a "spring clean", after all. :)

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
One of these days self-centred old me may actually feel strong enough to reply to other people's posts. Today is a good day, but I still feel extremely fragile. I am so grateful to everyone who has been so supportive of me. I know you all have your own struggles, too. I am so grateful for this forum. It has literally been a lifesaver to me, and I am sorry I haven't been able to give much in return lately.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Please don't feel bad about replying to other people. Remember to put yourself first. You are the most important person in your life.

xxx

D

Deliah

Good for you prairie chick, You write beautifully and have finished my day with a smile. Thank you love D x

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Right now getting up at 7:30 is a miracle. I do hope to eventually be able to get up at 6 or 6:30, but for now 7:30 is a major victory.
marvinuncleherbs said:
Get up at 5 am. Win the battle of the bed. Put mind over mattress. This habit alone will strengthen your willpower so it serves you more dutifully in the key areas of your life.

O

one-less

Right now getting up at 7:30 is a miracle. I do hope to eventually be able to get up at 6 or 6:30, but for now 7:30 is a major victory.
I know what you mean. Since 7:30 is a major victory then for now it is okay for it to be enough. :hug: