• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Being Part Of An Experiment

D

dumpling

Hi there, I am struggling with the thoughts that my psychiatrist and the pharmacist are in cahoots to give me vitamin tablets instead of my drugs. I've stopped taking my so called Abilify as they were not doing anything, which they wouldn't being as they are in fact placebos. I'm not stupid, I know when something is changed. My psychiatrist really doesn't like me and the feeling is mutual. She wouldn't care if anything happened to me or my family because of her little experiment. Or maybe she would, maybe it would prove whatever point she is trying to make. I don't know what is going to happen though. I am frightened she will try and get me into hospital.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
For what reason would she be conducting this experiment? I very much doubt the pdoc and pharmacist would put there jobs on the line for a what would be a useless experiment.
Maybe you can change pdoc but i dont think that would make any difference the effectiveness of the abifily, it could be you just need a different medication, sometimes the do just stop working.

fazza

fazza

I too get these thoughts when I reduce or stop taking my medication. I was convinced that my consultant was trying to section me and that I was part of her plan to control then kill me. All I can say is that if you take your abilify consistantly or maybe even ask to try a different drug then these thoughts should pass. You need to try and break the cycle of these thoughts. If you believe the abilify is just a vitamin pill then it would do no harm in taking them and once you let it build up in your system you should start to feel better.

D

dumpling

I don't know what is the matter with me, my thoughts are racing and my mood is so low. I know my meds are not working but I am too scared to go and see my doctor. All I can think of is hurting myself and I haven't SH for years and years. I will ring the crisis team and see if they can see me. Thanks for listening.

D

dumpling

I'm really upset, I found these posts and I can't even remember writing them. I'm so depressed at the moment. I don't know what to do about my meds, I haven't taken them for a while now and I don't want to. I can't sleep, my eating is horrendous and I just feel I am a gigantic waste of space. My support worker is off on leave as her husband died unexpectedly and I have no one to talk to. My family would be so much better with out me sat here like a giant eeyore with my misery and a big black cloud over me.

SarahD

SarahD

Sorry you are feeling so bad. Can you see the psychiatrist? Or phone the mental health team and talk to the duty worker, tell them you are in a crisis and perhqps they can assign you someone else for the time being.

D

Deliah

Hello Dumpling, you're not a waste of space, you're just suffering horribly at the moment. See if your family will help you to contact a useful person. This will pass. All things pass, even when we feel in a deep hole. love D xxx