• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Being mucked around by nhs

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

I'm fed up of my voice too.

Glad to hear your not so suicidal any more, your resilience inspires me, never forget how strong you can be, it's certainly not easy having to cope with this everyday but as one of my colleagues says "a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor", if we can handle the rough seas that we have to endure we can do just about anything.

Is there much going on in your life that isn't to do with voices or the NHS?
Im sorry ur fed up of ur voices too.

I just brought a new house and im doing work out in the garden to clear it up. I also tried a new walking group out today to see if its something i want to go to in the future.im undecided if il go again. My friend sent me a therapy colouring book that im going to do too.

Ive just been reffered to a nhs dietrican for my eating disorder which i really need help for but i have no idea if i can trust them.

N

natalie

Hi Takingmybrain,

I don't think that the nhs are spying on you. If anything, there are monitoring regularly without you about so to speak, and then to be aware if need be, of any sudden changes h opefully not.

I am glad, though, you are feeling a bit better not suicidal, I am pleased to hear that.

Best regards,

still do take your readjusted medication, please, it all helps.

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

Hi Takingmybrain,

I don't think that the nhs are spying on you. If anything, there are monitoring regularly without you about so to speak, and then to be aware if need be, of any sudden changes h opefully not.

I am glad, though, you are feeling a bit better not suicidal, I am pleased to hear that.

Best regards,

still do take your readjusted medication, please, it all helps.
Thanks natalie

N

natalie

Your welcome takingmy brain.

By the way, how have you now settled in, to your new, home? I have noticed, I hope you have settled in nicely now.

Best regards.

Try to have a good evening.

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

Your welcome takingmy brain.

By the way, how have you now settled in, to your new, home? I have noticed, I hope you have settled in nicely now.

Best regards.

Try to have a good evening.
Yes ive settled into my new home apart from the mirrors still spying on me.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Gardening is good, lots of people say it helps.

I miss my walking groups with the early intervention team I was under, they were good. I suppose I could find independent walking groups but I used to like walking with other 'clients' of the team and we talked about our experiences with psychosis, you don't get that with non-mental health walking groups.

I hope you enjoy the colouring book.

N

natalie

I can understand that, NWiddi.

Have a good evening,

Best regards.

Shell Dockley

Shell Dockley

I was messed about by the whole system apart from the mental health service during the early 2000s. I had a horrible doctor who wouldn't sign papers and always used to say "your abled bodied" and then the Leaving Care Team said its all mild there is nothing wrong with you. I was made to work and got the mick taken out of me and was taken advantage by the manager to do crappy jobs like cleaning toilets and I kept getting pay cuts while others got a bonus in there pay. People just walked all over me. All the guys had girlfriends who would come to see them sometimes after work I never got any of that. I never got any love or affection during the course of my whole life it was always "Take a Cold Shower" thats my life and always has been. If I want a girlfriend it be the "Take a Cold Shower" thing again or if I want a mother a family like other people had when growing up it be Take a Cold Shower. I'm fed up of it. Some of us will never flourish in life and when the NHS messes people about like me it can really send us over the edge.

Shell Dockley

Shell Dockley

Anyway the mental health service saw I was not fit for work they it took a long time to get on to the right benefits because I had a crappy doctor and the leaving care team said there was nothing wrong with me and wanted to send me back to work. I got very ill nobody was interested they just kept smiling and stuff. My mental health service even said my doctor was useless and they got me a law person to help me with things and then I got benefits after being assessed properly. Its all changed now. I've not got the mental health service to save my back when I get a DWP letter for re assessment because the mental health service is full to the brim and can't help anymore people.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i worry about the idea having been in prison could be held against you, i could easily have ended up in prison given another twist to my story

Shell Dockley

Shell Dockley

i worry about the idea having been in prison could be held against you, i could easily have ended up in prison given another twist to my story
There was a Tory who said prison might be better for those who don't want to work but they never understand the fact that its not about not wanting to work but more not being able to work but then again they will say there is no such word as "cant" and that being awarded benefits is a privilege and not a right. We are certainly moving in that direction.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
when mental health staff make an issue of happiness i quote mr micawber, income exceeds expenditure happiness, expenditure exceeds income misery, he was a right miser but in dickens, david copperfield he ends up in debters prison