• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Being mucked around by nhs

Shell Dockley

Shell Dockley

taking out health insurance or paying may not be an option for me not working and probably unfit for work
I'm sure there will be something in place for those on sickness benefits but they are going to want everybody to be doing some sort of employment. I'm unfit for work too. When my next ESA/PIP assessments come up I'm going to be screwed because I have zero help now.

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

I saw the psychatrist, i have got to take a medication increase to a dose that actually helped me before in the past.

N

natalie

HI Takyingmybrain,

Sounds like you have been su ffering with anxity. I would try to medically this, is, normal medical, get hold of anti anxiety medication, now I take Pregabalin, which is a marvellous med, and at a rate of 75ml twice daily.

N

natalie

Well done, i was just wondering how you managed to get on, with your appointment.

Now all being well, the increase dose, should then help you, and you'll sleep better overnight hopefully.

Best regards. And I am pleased that you are on med, which you were on once before.

N

natalie

Hi Taking my brain,

I half hope you are feeling a bit better, on your new original med and different doseage.

Have a hopeful better overnight. Take care now.

Best regards now.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i made a big fuss with my surgery about been referred to rethink, first i e mailed them saying i wanted to be referred they said they didn't accept referrals by e mail, then when rethink contacted them they said they needed my permission when i phoned they said they needed it in writing

i think i pissed them off now i asked for a prescription the chemist said he e mailed them, i phoned and they said they hadn't received the e mail, the chemist said they're lieing, i need these drugs

i know a lot of them have received the universal credit cut national insurance that is taken out they're wages has risen, morale must be low, the women in my mental health group who works as a receptionist has gone off sick, i wonder if temporary willl become permanent

S

singsongfun

I saw the psychatrist, i have got to take a medication increase to a dose that actually helped me before in the past.
Are you starting to feel any benefit of the higher dose of antipsychotic?

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

Are you starting to feel any benefit of the higher dose of antipsychotic?
Not really atm, only helping me sleep a bit better. Im feeling very fed up of all this now with the voices being constant and the nhs being constant that im now feeling bit suicidal and that i cant bare anymore of it.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that, I know it's difficult with constant voices, mine is exactly the same, it never stops whining about meds and my treatment of it, but if I didn't take the meds its treatment of me would be far worse.

I know you've seen this message before and if you do reach out to the services you'll probably be speaking to someone who has no idea what burden we have to carry but you never know what words of comfort they may have so it's always worth a try, your life is worth fighting for and means a lot to the people who have come to know you.

If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Useful information

The Forum's page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

N

natalie

Thanks NWiddi.

I was also going to suggest samaritans, also taking my b rain, get back to the pshychatrtist, or crisi team, for a better re assessment.

Best regards Both.

T

tonga kev

Not really atm, only helping me sleep a bit better. Im feeling very fed up of all this now with the voices being constant and the nhs being constant that im now feeling bit suicidal and that i cant bare anymore of it.
The nhs have nothing to do with your voices in my opinion, you are fighting evil spirits, i know this because they drove me mad and i nearly killed myself. love yourself better and take the tablets and please lay the blame on evil spirits not on innocents in nhs who are only trying to help. love kev

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm fed up of my voice too.

Glad to hear your not so suicidal any more, your resilience inspires me, never forget how strong you can be, it's certainly not easy having to cope with this everyday but as one of my colleagues says "a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor", if we can handle the rough seas that we have to endure we can do just about anything.

Is there much going on in your life that isn't to do with voices or the NHS?