Being mindful of feeling joy

Kerome

Kerome

I think this is actually a very under appreciated art, that we try to be mindful of feeling the sources of joy in our lives. I was just video-calling with my mother, and it was a very good video call, afterwards I felt feelings of fullness, of a kind of tickling in the stomach which I associate with happiness, of a kind of butterflies in the brain.

Sometimes I have the same after being at a museum. These places give me joy because it connects me with something within.

We should be aware of when we feel these feelings, taking note of what makes us feel happy and joyful. Because that tells you about the wellsprings of your life.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

I also love museums, Kerome. I think happiness and joy are the native state of our natural mind. I think I am too sedated to feel it all the time. Yet I also think it can shine through any drugs.

Kerome

Kerome

Beautifully said Poopy, I think you’re quite right. Even for people here with various burdens to carry in this lifetime, I think it still holds true.

But there is a downside to living in and seeking joy, which is the fact that we find extreme joy addictive. Sad but there it is.