• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Being Lonely With Depression

P

Pilly88

So I’ve been depressed and suffered from PTSD for 10 years now seen more therapists than I’ve had sliced bread but I’m always alone I don’t have many friends and my partner will never understand the feeling of loneliness I’m wondering as I come up to spending another Xmas alone not seeing anyone if taking my own life would be the best thing to do to free me from this pain It’s all planned out but am I being selfish would anyone actually miss me cause I feel when I’m alive now I’m not important to anyone so what’s the actual point in living with pain

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
So I’ve been depressed and suffered from PTSD for 10 years now seen more therapists than I’ve had sliced bread but I’m always alone I don’t have many friends and my partner will never understand the feeling of loneliness I’m wondering as I come up to spending another Xmas alone not seeing anyone if taking my own life would be the best thing to do to free me from this pain It’s all planned out but am I being selfish would anyone actually miss me cause I feel when I’m alive now I’m not important to anyone so what’s the actual point in living with pain
That is never the answer. Ive had to deal with it in various ways and believe me it destroys everyone around you. Its hard to see the love people have for you when you have MH problems but it is there. So try take a step back and think. Lean on the people here, lots of us have been through the same issues. Your not alone 👍👍

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I hope you don't choose to take your own life, you say you have friends and a partner, that's a lot more than some people have and I'm sure you'll make friends here. Life can always improve.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

AdamP72

AdamP72

Memphis TN, center of the musical universe
Thoughts of suicide can be incredibly seductive & convincing, especially when we're at an emotional & psychological bottom. I've been there numerous times myself. I twice checked myself into treatment for a short period of time on two different occasions when I've been truly on the edge like that.

It's critical that we remind ourselves, and each other, that things can & will change. We may have to take actions that feeling very taxing & difficult in order to expand our horizons and help us in our own recovery, but taking many of these small actions tends to have a very big impact. One perfect example of this is your making the decision to join this site and post on here. As a result, you're now meeting new people, sharing things with others that you might not have shared in the same way before, and you've found a new outlet for your thoughts and feelings. Those are all big positives.

Hang in there, read & share here, and remember that things always change.

P

Pilly88

That is never the answer. Ive had to deal with it in various ways and believe me it destroys everyone around you. Its hard to see the love people have for you when you have MH problems but it is there. So try take a step back and think. Lean on the people here, lots of us have been through the same issues. Your not alone 👍👍
Thank you for your reply, yeah I’ve see. It and I try and lean on friends but to be honest they never seem interested to listen like it glazes over and I just feel invisible and I’m sort of like if I’m invisible in life what’s the point. Yeah I agree that seeing the love is hard cause I don’t feel it. I actually feel if I went I wouldn’t be missed cause I’m not missed in life so why would they miss me alive I’ve suffered to much to handle now it’s so hard it really is. Just don’t know what to do any more.

P

Pilly88

Thoughts of suicide can be incredibly seductive & convincing, especially when we're at an emotional & psychological bottom. I've been there numerous times myself. I twice checked myself into treatment for a short period of time on two different occasions when I've been truly on the edge like that.

It's critical that we remind ourselves, and each other, that things can & will change. We may have to take actions that feeling very taxing & difficult in order to expand our horizons and help us in our own recovery, but taking many of these small actions tends to have a very big impact. One perfect example of this is your making the decision to join this site and post on here. As a result, you're now meeting new people, sharing things with others that you might not have shared in the same way before, and you've found a new outlet for your thoughts and feelings. Those are all big positives.

Hang in there, read & share here, and remember that things always change.
I mean it is very convincing and very tempting which is the point where I’m saying that I’m not missed in life so why would I be missed in death and I joined this forum as a last ditch hope to see if anyone in this world would care about a stranger and it seems the people I care about seem to pick me up and put me down when ever they think fits them I know we all want love and affection but when is enough is enough at craving it. I mean I’m just done with everything the feeling of being lost and alone especially on Xmas all alone cause I’m not good enough to be spent time with or loved enough just had enough has anyone experienced similar kind of past rock bottom now

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you for your reply, yeah I’ve see. It and I try and lean on friends but to be honest they never seem interested to listen like it glazes over and I just feel invisible and I’m sort of like if I’m invisible in life what’s the point. Yeah I agree that seeing the love is hard cause I don’t feel it. I actually feel if I went I wouldn’t be missed cause I’m not missed in life so why would they miss me alive I’ve suffered to much to handle now it’s so hard it really is. Just don’t know what to do any more.
You would be missed and it would destroy people so please try not think of that as an answer. Its hard to find people who understand and I'm all to familiar with that glazed look. Lean on us here. We are all here to help 👍👍

P

Pilly88

You would be missed and it would destroy people so please try not think of that as an answer. Its hard to find people who understand and I'm all to familiar with that glazed look. Lean on us here. We are all here to help 👍👍
Thank you but why do they miss youwhen your gone yet alive you are not even priority, I’ve served for my country and I’ve put my life and soul into everything I ever do yet I’m never good enough to be missed or loved so why should I stay here just don’t understand why I’m such a worthless person I know people have it worse than me but why am I not good enough to be missed.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I mean it is very convincing and very tempting which is the point where I’m saying that I’m not missed in life so why would I be missed in death and I joined this forum as a last ditch hope to see if anyone in this world would care about a stranger and it seems the people I care about seem to pick me up and put me down when ever they think fits them I know we all want love and affection but when is enough is enough at craving it. I mean I’m just done with everything the feeling of being lost and alone especially on Xmas all alone cause I’m not good enough to be spent time with or loved enough just had enough has anyone experienced similar kind of past rock bottom now
Ive tried to end it all ive been there so I undersand how lost you are are feeling. Please at least keep talking on here. Doesnt seem much but it does help

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you but why do they miss youwhen your gone yet alive you are not even priority, I’ve served for my country and I’ve put my life and soul into everything I ever do yet I’m never good enough to be missed or loved so why should I stay here just don’t understand why I’m such a worthless person I know people have it worse than me but why am I not good enough to be missed.
Ive lost family members to suicide and tried to do the same to myself. Believe me the damage it does is horrendous. Chatting here can help. Talking to anonymous people is way easier than doctors or family member 👍

P

Pilly88

Ive lost family members to suicide and tried to do the same to myself. Believe me the damage it does is horrendous. Chatting here can help. Talking to anonymous people is way easier than doctors or family member 👍
I agree I’ve tried it a few times but failed and yeah I can understand what your saying but don’t know if the damage would be because they don’t care about me living let alone if I’m gone.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I agree I’ve tried it a few times but failed and yeah I can understand what your saying but don’t know if the damage would be because they don’t care about me living let alone if I’m gone.
I know from experience they would be distraught. Humans take things for granted every day. Its not till we loose something that we realise and then its to late. I'm sure you are loved more than you realise. 👍

C

celticlass

Oh come on. Stop the debating and tell your doctors how you feel! It is very lonely being depressed and thinking of taking our own life. It is also a sign of unwell ness. There will be a time to take issue with how people relate to you once you are better.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oh come on. Stop the debating and tell your doctors how you feel! It is very lonely being depressed and thinking of taking our own life. It is also a sign of unwell ness. There will be a time to take issue with how people relate to you once you are better.
mmm remember some people need to take small steps. We are not all open to doctors help

J

Jono

No you’re not alone , there is always someone willing to listen . This is the right place . Stay safe👍