• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Being lied to :(

A

abertha

I made a really good friend a few months ago. We do not live in the same area, so our main way of keeping in touch is email and skype. I really liked him, he seemed so good and true, with so much in common. He said he would be with me, but I told him straight that I wasn't interested, so we just carried on being friends.

Tonight, I am certain he told me a huge lie. I think it might have been to try and make me jealous, but Im not, Im just very mad he would lie to me like that. I cant confront him as I have no proof he is lying, and even if he was I am certain he would deny it.

It's strange how seemingly little things can pull me right back under. I feel sick :(

J

jamesdean

If its a lie n it hurts you then that isnt nice.

Sometimes though I prefer people lie to me if its something that would hurt me knowing the truth.

Someone lying adamentlyto your face when they think that they are doing you a favour when the truth would be much easier to handle n possiably in your intersets to know.

There are so many types of lies however if it was to make you jealous I wouldnt buy into that at all because like you say it does impress you at all, I'm quite good at smelling a rat myself, though not always.

I hope that it all sorts it self out for you abertha. best wishes JD