Being ignored by family

T

Tabby 88

I keep being put through this with a friend or cousin. For a while everything is good, we are close, texting and emailing, meeting and laughing, then suddenly it all stops and they don't answer or reply. I am then left wondering what is wrong.

Sometimes they are not well, sometimes the gossips have spread something around making me look bad. Lies.

Sometimes i have annoyed people but it keeps happening. I am maybe too smothering sometimes but i am only trying to match them and the more they email, the more i do, and then nothing.

People are so confusing and i cannot cope with it well. I lose love for them and start to distance myself too.

burt tomato

burt tomato

I know the feeling pal, happened to me too. It hurt but I guess they are just ignorant

S

Seth1403

Yeah I know that feeling all too well. It hurts and makes you feel so lonely. I've even had mine look at me in public and blank me.

F

Fancyharm

Yes, I have recently found some family I didn't know I had. Things were ok until my I got introduced to my gay cousins partner and he seemed to think he was going to make demands on me. One was I had to visit him in a clinic when he had had plastic surgery with expensive chocolates, not cadburys. And when I didn't go due to illness he went nuts and fell out with me! Waste of time.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi Tabby,

I think that's natural in a way - you aren't going to keep talking forever! It can help to sometimes end the conversation if you think it's going 'stale', and then pick up later once you have more to talk about :)

Just my two centsx

Much love <3

S

Seth1403

Sounds a bit like my family lol.

Yes, I have recently found some family I didn't know I had. Things were ok until my I got introduced to my gay cousins partner and he seemed to think he was going to make demands on me. One was I had to visit him in a clinic when he had had plastic surgery with expensive chocolates, not cadburys. And when I didn't go due to illness he went nuts and fell out with me! Waste of time.

S

Seth1403

Sounds like my family only they started a fight with my uncle because they wanted to be at the top of the table at their wedding but they were set to be sat at the middle so because my uncle wouldn't change the order of where people sat my aunt pulled my two cousins from the wedding on the day before it was meant to happen and my cousin's had a key role in the wedding so it almost messed everything up but happily the wedding went ahead

T

Tabby 88

It shocks me what people decide to do. What i have always hated is the talking behind backs. I am more upfront and will confront people, not shouting and swearing, but to explain and defend, but i am very accepting too, and continue to see people and take them for dinner, despite what they have said and done to me. I think that is the problem with me.

I have a friend who stops contacting those who she doesn't need anymore, especially anyone who causes her stress, unless they are family. Her family behave much better than mine though.

Christmas has meant people are making more effort with me which is very nice but confusing. Some people now are asking to come and see me. I think i need to keep quiet and let people come and go but it is hard when i need people throughout the year. I should be happy with what i have and i am. I feel very happy that now i am going to get visitors. I have been through lots of pain with this in the past, lots of confusion and so it is easier but i am lonely.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
floppypancakes People 6
Iamsoconfused People 2