• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Being creative.

S

Sarey

For me, creativity has helped.

If anyone is interested in my work, just let me know.
(this includes photography, art work(for which I received a grade C in GCSE, which is the highest in the year, baring in mind this was in a special needs school, and it was not very populated), poetry and stories)

I'd recommend it, it's very therapeutic.

<3

A

Ainsworth

i love drawing and making things, i have qualifications in photography, art and graphic design

i make bracelets, friendship bands and design my own t-shirt logos and slogans.

and if im being completely honest just doing some good old colouring in with pencil crayons and using them to create shadings and character to a kids picture book is brill :D

Jo1760

Jo1760

Sarey and Unremarkable you both sound very creative. I am so impressed. We done for receiving good grade and qualifications in an area you enjoy.

I try my best to be creative. I really enjoy, cooking - making desserts and things that are a little complicated. I also play the piano and have been trying more and more to improve myself.

i think i would consider myself to be a very ameture artist but i do try. I like dong creative activies with my cubs who are 8 - 10.5.

Unremarkable you did make me smile when you mentioned about the colouring in. Its something i do from time to time also, although i am staying that quite quietly..... Shhh:redface:

X

A

Ainsworth

be proud jo

i love colouring in, shout and be proud :clap:

i would love to be able to play the piano, i am envious of that, i love to watch/hear someone play, also the violin

music speaks to us, so to be a person who can speak through music is a gift

maybe one day i may learn myself :)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
I draw too but find that I am hyper critical so often do not feel strong enough to do anything. When I do they tend to be very dark pics... I need to learn to be freer and to use bright colours. I think it's brilliant that you can colour in. Well done.

A

Ainsworth

I draw too but find that I am hyper critical so often do not feel strong enough to do anything. When I do they tend to be very dark pics... I need to learn to be freer and to use bright colours. I think it's brilliant that you can colour in. Well done.
Honey pictures whatever form they take is expression of the mind, whatever comes out is a journey through our thoughts and feelings, pictures being dark or colourful are equal, they will mean the same and someone viewing the picture (or if they are just for us) will feel the meanings/thoughts and place them.

does that make sense, im writing this fast as need to go :unsure:

Jo1760

Jo1760

Thanks unremarkable. :hug:

I must admit i find colouring in very theraputic.... I guess its something about not having to draw the picture initially, therefore not having the critical view about my work from that perspective, yet still feeling able to produce something.

I hope you manage to discover the piano / or another instrument if you decide to take that path. I had a gap for around 12 years and have just picked up back up again, but this time i am playing for me, not because i should play. (i hope that makes sense)

Honeyquince, i hope in time you are able to reduce the critical thinking surrounding your art. I can truly understand, as i am terribly critical about my creative work also. Its great that you are able too at times produce pictures. Something to be very proud of.

X

F

Fruit Loop

I can relate to being hyper critical of ones abilities.

I did used to play the harmonica, guitar and penny whistle. I did try and learn the piano but stopped. A wrong note or two and the hard time I would and still give myself was enough to pack up and quit.

I enjoy writing poetry as a way of expressing myself but very rarely share my work as I see it as just not good enough.

I enjoy photography but again do not share or enter competitions due to...... yes you guessed it, simply not good enough.

Despite words of encouragement and positive feed back from a chosen few, I still see it all as rubbish. Once I have decided that, it is near impossible for me to change my mind. I then doubt the positive feed back as just them being polite. I would so dearly like to lighten up, to believe in my abilities and to be able to share the creative side of me with others. I guess one day?

S

Sarey

I'm glad this has gotten so much feedback, I hope it encourages others to try it out.
Even if they are critical of oneself, I am too, but you never know, it could help...

Even if to you it's crap, try to focus on what you're doing, letting go of everything, expressing yourself, rather than how it looks.

Take care.

A

Ainsworth

thankyou Sarey

because of you starting this thread, i have drawn my first picture in nearly a year and really enjoyed it.

though do have a headache now but it was worth it :clap:

S

Sarey

Aww, I'm so glad!

Well done!
:clap:(y):hug:

N

NrLondonGuy

Can we post stuff on here - I mean nice to show what we have done it not embarrassed to show it? I used to draw a lot.

iffybob

iffybob

If you goto your "User Profile Page" you can make your own albums .. its a bit icky doing pics .. you are limited on size .. if you can get ofline storage , you can get round that ...

.. If you already have work you can post a link to it ....

N

NrLondonGuy

Ihave major OCD and major obsession is someone will identity me and say horrible things about me even though am nice perosn and will never hurt a fly. (just an OCD thing). I was bullied in past : ( .

Anyway I will be brave - here are some pics I did when I was 17/18. I went to a werid scholl where do one had done art A-level so was just told go and do it yourself. Had no teacher so didn't get grade I wanted as had no idea what I was meant to do. Bastards!!! Anyway a couple of ok ones:

Really want to take up life drawing again as did not draw for years (OCD stopped me : (

Major OCD panic will remove after a couple days. (Rational brain - only poeple you like have seen these so no problem)

Woudl be great to see others peoples art with mentla health issues. Doesn't matter how good or bad you think you are as any art and any creativity is an expression of your heart soul and mind and thats all that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sarey

They're awesome!!!

This is my art work from the past few years. It's in order, so it goes from oldest to newest. I hope you like it and I'd appreciate opinions.

SarahArt1.jpg
SarahArt2.jpg
SarahArt3.jpg
SarahArt4.jpg
SarahArt5.jpg
SarahArt6.jpg
SarahArt7.jpg
SarahArt8.jpg
SarahArt9.jpg
SarahArt10.jpg
SarahArt11.jpg
SarahArt12.jpg
SarahArt13.jpg
SarahArt14.jpg
SarahArt15.jpg
SarahArt16.jpg
SarahArt17.jpg
SarahArt18.jpg
SarahArt19.jpg
SarahArt20.jpg
SarahArt21.jpg
SarahArt22.jpg
SarahArt23.jpg
SarahArt24.jpg
SarahArt25.jpg
SarahArt26.jpg
SarahArt27.jpg
SarahArt28.jpg
SarahArt29.jpg
SarahArt30.jpg

Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image009.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image012.jpg
Image013.jpg

Image014.jpg

Image015.jpg

Image016.jpg

Image017.jpg

Image018.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image020.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image023.jpg

Image024.jpg
Image025.jpg

Image026.jpg

Image027.jpg

Image028.jpg

Image029.jpg

Image030.jpg

Image031.jpg

Image032.jpg

Image033.jpg

Image034.jpg

Image035.jpg

Image036.jpg
Image037.jpg

Image038.jpg

Image039.jpg

Image040.jpg

Image041.jpg

Image042.jpg

Image043.jpg

Image044.jpg

Image045.jpg

Image046.jpg

Image047.jpg

I got a C in my GCSE for Art.
(As I said already I think)

LONG, I KNOW!!!

I also have poems & stories if people want to see that too? They are triggering though.

x