• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Being Bipolar C4 10pm tonight

T

tokyo jo

Will tape and watch on my own as C4 has form when it comes to entertaining the masses with the behavior of minority groups.
I wonder what aspects of bipolar they will concentrate on.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am planning on watching it. C4 are very hit and miss with these kind of things. They either do it great or very wrong.

It will be interesting.

T

tokyo jo

Will tape and watch on my own as C4 has form when it comes to entertaining the masses with the behavior of minority groups.
I wonder what aspects of bipolar they will concentrate on.
If I hadnt spent all my money my money would be on reckless spending. And ill judged sex of course.

O.k its a shameless bump.

S

SandalwoodSummer

An insulting load of crap. Led by a psychotherapist who was adamant we are traumatised and faking it.

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

I asked my mammy to record it for me. Bipolar is one of my potential diagnoses', so I'm interested in watching this.

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

Just finished watching this on catch up.

I didnt think it was that insulting but then again i'm not a manic depressive.

I've got to say I didn't like that posh old chap.

He seemed really self obsessed and vain saying nobody had highs and lows as big as him.

A real numpty imo.

Mayfair

Mayfair

I am planning on watching it. C4 are very hit and miss with these kind of things. They either do it great or very wrong.

It will be interesting.
Yes, C4 can be dreadful with programmes. I'm going to watch it later.

I watched the Cannabis thing that was on last night, and it was dreadful. I turned it off after half an hour or so.

nonotme

nonotme

An insulting load of crap. Led by a psychotherapist who was adamant we are traumatised and faking it.
I'm not sure you was saying people were faking being ill but she was looking for a trauma link. I have depression and PTSD (along with other mental health issues) and many Bi-Polar features but not once has anyone ever tried to suggest I am Bi-Polar. Maybe I have been lucky and got the right help i need and live my life to the best I can.

but yes shame, wasted opportunity to help and educate others.

S

SandalwoodSummer

I asked my mammy to record it for me. Bipolar is one of my potential diagnoses', so I'm interested in watching this.
It will be of no help to you.

S

SandalwoodSummer

I'm not sure you was saying people were faking being ill but she was looking for a trauma link. I have depression and PTSD (along with other mental health issues) and many Bi-Polar features but not once has anyone ever tried to suggest I am Bi-Polar. Maybe I have been lucky and got the right help i need and live my life to the best I can.

but yes shame, wasted opportunity to help and educate others.
She said we had trouble managing our emotions which is not true. Mood determines everything for me and I have no trauma. She was desperate to put bipolar down to trauma.

S

SandalwoodSummer

Yes, C4 can be dreadful with programmes. I'm going to watch it later.

I watched the Cannabis thing that was on last night, and it was dreadful. I turned it off after half an hour or so.

It didn't show severe depression which is kinda important.

S

SandalwoodSummer

He seemed really self obsessed and vain saying nobody had highs and lows as big as him.

A real numpty imo.
None of the suffers were great examples. Or at least how they were portrayed was misleading. She thought the posh man was manic because he was an only child, the bipolar two sufferer couldn't manage her emotions, and the ultra rapid cycler was like that due to bullying.

I accept we all have baggage but we actually have a chemical problem too.

C

Christobel

A real numpty imo.
As I understood it, the chap had delusions of grandeur, which was why he thought his highs were higher than anyone else's. :)

T

tokyo jo

As I understood it, the chap had delusions of grandeur, which was why he thought his highs were higher than anyone else's. :)
Thats delusions of grandeur for you.

Her and the old guy met at that place because that was part of his life. He was interested in the numbers associated with golf and I can appreciate that. He played golf to a very high level and would have Known that a par 7 over 700yds was nonsense but so is any other par. Worth noting that everything his friend checked out proved to be true.
Not sure about the musician.
The person who concerned me most was the psychotherapist in the big glasses. Im not sure where these people rank on the NHS gravy train or how much they draw from the system every month. To her credit she seemed to know as much about biplrar as any of the so called experts.
At what point does a middle aged woman wake up and decide that things would be better if she has multi coloured hair.
Perhaps hiring a car without a roof to visit Wales should be regarded as a sign of mental illness. Perhaps owning lots of coloured shoes and glasses should be a sign of mental illness.
We could then get HER sectioned and pumped with drugs and go back and considrer her fucking mood swings.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Did they mention Dr Karl Leonhard? The Nazi psychiatrist that coined the term Bipolaren Affective Storung?

I haven't watched the documentary. I have very low expectations of TV depictions of mental illness and these expectations are usually exceeded.

The best TV programme about Bipolar 2 disorder was hosted by Leslie Crowther. It was called The Price is Right.

The best film about Bipolar 1 disorder is a toss between The Greatest Story Ever Told and Rollerball.

But generally anything with Ken Dodd in it is very informative.