• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Being aware out and about

MissPink

MissPink

Last month I did scratch someone's car by accident by reversing into a parking space. I didn't leave my details for that one as I was freaked out and I selfishly took the witness details off the car when I went back. I had no income and it was awful! (I know I should of done by law) I was so shaken up by it I froze. Luckily I never got caught.

Today I drove past a car on a very narrow road and hit the wing mirror. Someone already picked up the mirror plate and placed it on their car. The car had no damage. This was a accident. All it needs is the back of the wing mirror to be clicked back in.

I don't take medication for my ocd, my ocd is mostly anxiety with obsessive thoughts. I drove with a clear head and it really happened by accident.

Next time I promise to myself I will leave my details if that ever happens again.

Has anyone else done something like this or similar?

I now have to be very aware, I didn't take my ashwaghanda drops today and that helps me to be aware with my thought process.

I thought I would share that with everyone.

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

Five months ago someone crashed into my BMW while at the grocery store. That person cost me $1000 USD.

I have all my groceries delivered now and I get severe anxiety that my car will be crashed into when I leave it in a parking lot.

Just know that you're actions effects others. Even people with mental health issues of their own.

You drive with no insurance? You can be broke AF and not pay a dime for the damages you cause. My insurance recieves money from your insurance. I wouldn't had to pay anything but I fucking did because my insurance paid $6700 in total damages of what someone else caused.

I'll go out of my way if someone causes damages to another person. I'll get the license plate and driver description for the police. No one should have to pay for someone else's mistake.

Not cool.

MissPink

MissPink

Five months ago someone crashed into my BMW while at the grocery store. That person cost me $1000 USD.

I have all my groceries delivered now and I get severe anxiety that my car will be crashed into when I leave it in a parking lot.

Just know that you're actions effects others. Even people with mental health issues of their own.

You drive with no insurance? You can be broke AF and not pay a dime for the damages you cause. My insurance recieves money from your insurance. I wouldn't had to pay anything but I fucking did because my insurance paid $6700 in total damages of what someone else caused.

I'll go out of my way if someone causes damages to another person. I'll get the license plate and driver description for the police. No one should have to pay for someone else's mistake.

Not cool.
Yes I agree I was in the wrong. And I promised to myself I wouldn't do it again. It wasn't my car my Mum told me to drive off and go else where! I got anxiety because of running off. All of it was a unexpected shock! Thinking about it gives me nightmares.

I do have insurance my Mum said would of cost a lot of money. It wasn't as bad as what you are describing but still yes it was my fault.

Does that mean that you have to pay extra money on top of your Insurance every month?

MissPink

MissPink

Everybody makes mistakes in life ,
none of us are perfect ,

I try not to judge ,
Thank you. I was at fault, I have told myself never to do it again. As I wouldn't like it either.

Have you done this sort of thing before?

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

Thank you. I was at fault, I have told myself never to do it again. As I wouldn't like it either.

Have you done this sort of thing before?
Hello ,thanks for writing to me.
Ive been driving 21 years and made mistakes when i was unwell, and payed the price for it , and deservedly so. As long as we learn from these mistakes !

Best wishes

Z

Zaz3

Something happens to people when they drive a car. They change into someone unrecognisable to how they are in non driving situations. I've seen it so many times. I personally feel that anyone on medication for serious mental health issues shouldnt be allowed to drive. There is no way I would trust myself behind a steering wheel.

MissPink

MissPink

Something happens to people when they drive a car. They change into someone unrecognisable to how they are in non driving situations. I've seen it so many times. I personally feel that anyone on medication for serious mental health issues shouldnt be allowed to drive. There is no way I would trust myself behind a steering wheel.
Understand. I have driven on the Motorway with no problem

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

My cousin used to crash into cars often. She went to the eye doctor and it was due to a depth perception issue. She wears glasses and hasn't hit any cars since. Might look into getting your eyes checked because it's not normal to clip cars regularly.

MissPink

MissPink

My cousin used to crash into cars often. She went to the eye doctor and it was due to a depth perception issue. She wears glasses and hasn't hit any cars since. Might look into getting your eyes checked because it's not normal to clip cars regularly.
I think my eyes are fine. But I will do thank you