• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Being apathetic.

porkpie

porkpie

I told the LD community nurse who enthusiastically takes me for my monthly depot injection that I'm totally apathetic and have lost interest in life and don't enjoy it anymore, sleeping 16/17 hours a day and she didn't give a flying fuck as long as they give me that fucking injection a month and if I refuse I've breached my CTO and then have to deal with the police kicking my door down 'again'!!!!

I told her that I would rather be delusional and happy then being emotionally flat all the time and she said they can't allow that even though I'm not a danger to other people. Sick of this .

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
are you a danger to yourself unmedicated though? if not can you appeal or talk to your pdoc for a reduction.

D

Deliah

Sounds like a tough time porkpie. Can you explore reducing your meds? love to you D xxx

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it's hard my women friend on a cto talks in bed afterwards about how she hates taking the meds and what do i say, she attacked me and i called them, i feel a right shit about it

They made an appt for her to see the psychiatrist today, i phoned she never turned up when she came round fri she told me they were talking about admitting her

fazza

fazza

I feel like you too porkpie. Since I started on my haldol depot. On the plus side My wife motivates me to do things and to get out of the house so this helps alot. Without her I would probably stay in bed all day.

Luckily I am not on a C.T.O but if I refuse my depot my Pdoc gets very jumpy and starts threatening me with an inpatient stay. (trouble is there is not enough beds in my area so a hospital stay is not likely unless I go really crazy)

SarahD

SarahD

Can you ask to try a different drug that is less sedating?

I hate the sedation too, I had one drug that put me in a stupor so that I was only alert 5 hours a day. MH didn't care. Took myself off that.

I am really scared of being put on a depot. Even if you are on a depot , no one can force you to have it in the community. And they are unlikely to force you back to hospital while you are well, ie until your condition deteriorates, in the UK anyway cos lack of beds. But if that is likely to happen it is better to try to negotiate a change in drug or reduction in dose.

nonotme

nonotme

I breached my CTO and then have to deal with the police kicking my door down 'again'!!!!

I told her that I would rather be delusional and happy then being emotionally flat all the time and she said they can't allow that even though I'm not a danger to other people. Sick of this .
can I ask what a CTO is?

SarahD

SarahD

A CTO is a community treatment order. They can make your,discharge from hospital subject to this. It means you have to have regular drug treatment (depot injections) in the community, and if you don't comply they can make you go back in hospital and enforce treatment.

Porkpie, why don't you get an Independent Mental Health Advocate to help you negotiate a change in drug or dose? I think they would then have to take your views seriously. Treatment shouldn't have to mean making you feel like crap (although it often does). They should try to find something that enables you to live as comfortably as possible. (It is all about control reqlly, they don't give a sh..t about us)

S

seriouslydisturbed

My solicitor told me they can only hold you for 72 hours in hospital when on a CTO. Unless your showing signs of symptoms then they can section you during that 72 hour hold. You have a choice either wait it out on med's until they try weaning you off or be non compliant with the medication. You can't spend your life being unhappy. Next time your in hospital get a solicitor and ask them what your rights are if being non compliant they can't just lock you up. Some psychiatrists will really try to control your life and my solicitor told me that they are not as powerful as they like to think. If you do decide to be non compliant with treatment keep us all updated on your progress and fall backs :)

BillFish

BillFish

I told the LD community nurse who enthusiastically takes me for my monthly depot injection that I'm totally apathetic and have lost interest in life and don't enjoy it anymore, sleeping 16/17 hours a day and she didn't give a flying fuck as long as they give me that fucking injection a month and if I refuse I've breached my CTO and then have to deal with the police kicking my door down 'again'!!!!

What behavior got you on a cto? Just wondering, I've wrestled with police in the past, run home from hospitals several times etc and have said some pretty outrageous things to my GP in the past, and recently reduced my meds then became very psychotic a few weeks later, smashed up my computer room and ranted wildly to my gp when she came around the house..........not even a hint or a suggestion of a cto here:p