• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Being Alone

T

tornadoesofthoughts

I feel really alone today, my partner has been working 6am-10pm all week. He leaves at 6 as he has to travel and tonight he's working till late again.

I have a huge pile of dishes to do but I just feel so deflated and lost and upset that I am alone.

What helps when you are alone?

ToT :)

T

tornadoesofthoughts

Music seems to trigger me into thinking about things :(

P

plaasmesisie

Hi Tornado
I so feel for you !!! I have such a terrible time spending even an hour away from my hubby and become desperate most times! I am gradually finding ways to fill my time with activities I enjoy such as music, reading, meeting a friend for coffee, window shopping, picking up small items for my kids at dollar stores, thrift store browsing, baking, etc. This week i have joined a yoga class as it releases negative tension and relaxes my racing anxious mind
I wish I could give you a hug and make you a cup of coffee to let you know you are not alone... we are here for you ;)
Blessings
Plassmesisie

T

tornadoesofthoughts

I've been watching tv which has helped. Thanks all for your advice.
I feel so needy......and he's not home yet and he's not answering so I get worried.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm always alone, to be honest. :(

It does get lonely, but distraction is the key really.
Unless you fancy getting a pet? :)

Am glad watching TV has helped. I like to play word games online and go on Pinterest - it's great for wasting time.

Unique1

Unique1

I'm mostly always alone too.
Never used to be but since I got Ill it's kind of a choice...never thought I would cope with being alone like I do, I guess it just got hard coping with people, ruminating about what they said or what I said etc etc.
I find time goes quickly ..I have felt like you at times though,
I know its hard but at least you got someone coming home and time does go quicker than you think, especially if you can do a few things to prepare for someone coming maybe, I inow its not easy....but if you do the dishes and a couple of other things before you know it he will be back ��

I do watch movies, that passes at least an hour and a half, and when I come on here looking at posts and responding time goes so fast....

Not long now and he will be there...

It's so cold outside and lots of places got snow, nice to be indoors �� I understand you worry, when your waiting for someone our mind plays tricks and starts thinking things...I'm sure he's travelling back and nearly there ��

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
I understand that tornadoes :hug: Hope you have been ok and found things to distract you, and that he's home again with you now.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I How can I be okay with being alone? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
J I'm new here and tired of being alone Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
K to finding comfort being alone Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
D Being hurt by people. Can't do it anymore. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 31
Nate Hate being around new people. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
J Being blocked on social media (part 2) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
soulsearcher ever feel like you're being used as a guinea pig? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
Louizard Being childish (except it's BPD) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
Fairy Lucretia i hope you don't think im being ungrateful x i think i should take a break Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
O Really can't deal with being around my family. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
MollyBloom Happy with being lonely Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
B Being hard on myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
M Is my therapist being ethical? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 20
G Being made fun of at work Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
C Am I being dramatic? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
L How can you tell if you are overreacting or if you're being normal? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 25
I help/ being insecure about yourself :D Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
K Being sectioned and medication Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
M Being kind to myself. How? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
O Being taken seriously Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
O Being honest with work Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
S Is relationship paranoia part of BPD? Is this me being paranoid? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 62
B Getting over being in love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
V Can I be honest without being judged here? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
W "I am sorry you..." (noticing certain phrases being used) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 69
Z Being judged for not working full time Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 21
Riah3 am I being petty Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
Z What's the point in being social? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 33
G Experiences with realizing self destructive behavior/being abuser Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
S I tired of being tormented (suicidal thoughts) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
B How do you get someone to stop being your favourite person? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
S I hate being compared to people including my dad Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 16
Riah3 Am I being too sensitive Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
L Self harm attempt triggered by boyfriend being friends with his ex, feel suicidal Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
Connorisnotokay Being drunk is the only time I feel something Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
S How on earth do I stop feeling suicidal about being single? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
F How to recover after being triggered? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
Finn the Human today i'm leaving the only one that could understand me because i cant take the pain of being around here anymore.. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
C Being ignored is a trigger Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
I Not Being Able to See My FP Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
S When being diagnosed, did anyone else feel like they couldn't open up? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
Shiva Being ghosted on Christmas Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
K How to stop being so paranoid/controlling/jealous Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
L Coping with being ignored Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
Fairy Lucretia i can't risk being left Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
L Being punished by the justice system for being suicidal? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
D Anyone else find in recovery, the idea of being better is terrifying Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 36
Fairy Lucretia i'm being too clingy x Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
T Doing everything asked of me and still being punished Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
Luci Sick of being labelled manipulative.... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 23