Being alone really drags.

Weltschmerz

Weltschmerz

Hi there. I have had depression forever. It’s more like a companion now adays. I don’t remember life before it. My days have been lower than usual. My relationship of 8 years, with my highschool sweetheart, ended with her leaving me. I couldn’t get out my depression rut and she wasn’t happy. I don’t fault her and after a month she has already moved on to someone else. So it goes.
I don’t have anyone to talk to. My work mates aren’t anything but work “friends” and outside of work I’m basically always by myself. I’m tired of being alone and it really just drags me down.

I guess I’m just getting it out but still I hope to find a friend sometime just to chat with on the regular. It’s hard doing this alone.

Victorianna

Victorianna

I’m sorry you are lonely, and that your relationship ended. It must be a very hard time for you right now.
Anytime you want to talk, you can just post and usually get a response. This is a good group.
:grouphug:
One thing I might suggest is keeping a journal. There is a journal forum here, and you just start a thread with your journal name. People can leave comments on it, and it’s an easy way to get a dialogue going with people, and also to get your thoughts down. It’s helped me.

Weltschmerz

Weltschmerz

I’m sorry you are lonely, and that your relationship ended. It must be a very hard time for you right now.
Anytime you want to talk, you can just post and usually get a response. This is a good group.
:grouphug:
One thing I might suggest is keeping a journal. There is a journal forum here, and you just start a thread with your journal name. People can leave comments on it, and it’s an easy way to get a dialogue going with people, and also to get your thoughts down. It’s helped me.
Thank you. I might do that. It would be helpful just to express my frustration and the like. I appreciate your reply.

G

Greg90

You're not alone :) I'm in a similar situation to you at the moment, going through a break-up is bringing back the anxiety and depression that had subsided or been ignored. I feel very alone too. But this seems a really good group and place.

Weltschmerz

Weltschmerz

You're not alone :) I'm in a similar situation to you at the moment, going through a break-up is bringing back the anxiety and depression that had subsided or been ignored. I feel very alone too. But this seems a really good group and place.
Thanks. Yeah it's just my first REAL break up and it's just crazy. My entire world just stopped and crumbled and now I'm rebuilding and it's all new and weird.

G

Greg90

Thanks. Yeah it's just my first REAL break up and it's just crazy. My entire world just stopped and crumbled and now I'm rebuilding and it's all new and weird.
You're rebuilding, that's a positive thing and a big step! :)

Weltschmerz

Weltschmerz

You're rebuilding, that's a positive thing and a big step! :)
Yeah. It's just a pain lol. I don't know who I am so it's been interesting to discover. I have learned that I love reading. Mostly books by Kurt Vonnegut at the moment. Also Pizza and pineapple are the best combo in food ever!

G

Greg90

Yeah. It's just a pain lol. I don't know who I am so it's been interesting to discover. I have learned that I love reading. Mostly books by Kurt Vonnegut at the moment. Also Pizza and pineapple are the best combo in food ever!
I really need to start reading again, it's been so long since I've been hooked on a good book. I'm happy you've discovered your love for reading! I've also slowly converted to pineapple on pizza - maybe it's tastebuds changing with age?

K

Kittylove

Hi! I understand what you're going through. Sometimes it's difficult to connect with people and its particularly lonely when we go through a tough time. I've felt the same way. Look at this like a phase. People come and go into our lives. Just because you feel like this now, doesn't mean you'll always feel like this. :) do some things you have enjoyed doing. Rekindle a love for something. Are you into art, movies, music, cooking. Etc. Doing activities can take your mind off the rough things.

K

Kittylove

I really need to start reading again, it's been so long since I've been hooked on a good book. I'm happy you've discovered your love for reading! I've also slowly converted to pineapple on pizza - maybe it's tastebuds changing with age?
Can't do the pineapple on pizza. Pickles on pizza however. :p

J

JCPraha

I find lonliness to be the most painful emotion and experience in life. Relationships are difficult for people with mental health issues. It is very difficult for other people to understand. I know from first hand experience, I have had many struggles with relationships. I have struggled with depression for a long time myself, and it causes relational problems. People don't understand when I feel rather down and quiet, they think it is their fault, or that they make me feel that way. It really causes difficulties for me in relationships, so I really understand what you are talking about.