• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Being a Virgin is really getting to me and making me feel really depressed

B

butterfly88

I don't want to have sex, I'm afraid of sex... I think.

toutatis

toutatis

I can totally relate to your feelings @CKM1234. I went through the same emotional rollercoaster when I was a virgin at your age, as well. Yes, it was awful ((hugs)).

It's probably very difficult to convince you that it's absolutely okay to be who are right now, and that the pressure as a young man to be having sex all the time, is all misguided and, to me, just really dumb. But I get the feeling you still obviously do want to have a relationship and be with a woman regardless.

Do you know what I did bro? I was still a virgin at age 24 and hating every minute of it (I will add that my self esteem and self belief were basically non existent at that time, which adds to stress, too) so I downed a bunch of beers (bolster the old courage, heh) and off I went to the red light area to end my virginity once and for all, which I did. I must say, for me, I felt much better about myself and it gave me some confidence for relationships which did eventually happen. That's the one and only time I visited a lady of the night.

I'm not saying you should do that too, but it's something to think about along with all the other ideas you've no doubt considered.

At the end of the day, though, I'd just like to say, looking back, you really are okay as you are. Honestly.

Soladwor

Soladwor

Many are in the same position as you my friend. Including me. It doesn't bother me per se, but it does seem to bother my neighbors who talk about me being lonely and shit. My best advice would be to just ignore the people who bother you about it. Feel proud and learn to love yourself. I'm older than you and still learning this.