Been sent a letter about ''severe disability premium'. What is it?!

J

JPG2502

i recently got awarded standard rate PIP for mental health, and i have today recieved a letter saying i ''may'' be entitled to 'severe disability premium', as i am on ESA aswell.
theres a bunch of forms to fill in and send back, mainly asking who i live with.

i cant find out anything about this from google other than it seems to be only claimable to those who live alone.

i live with my parents, is there any point filling it out ?

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Housing benefits... If you don't pay rent no its not worth your bother from my understanding

J

JPG2502

Thanks guys. Why dont they just say that on the form ?? lol
everythings so cloak and dagger with the dwp

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Fill it in and send it off,you never know you may qualify even if you don't live alone,cos it is a disability benefit that you get if you are on ESA and PIP.Don't ask me why but I don't think they would have sent you the form if they didn't think you'd qualify,some conditions you do even if not living alone,and it is another £55 a week,worth a try,so do us a favor apply for it and let us know if you get it?

neorealism

neorealism

Got sent same forms, I think I binned them. The impression I got as all questions were asking about other people in household that I needed to have someone looking after me in my own house to qualify for it. Plus the name of it put me off, as I don't consider myself disabled, never mind severely disabled.

L

lolalola26

Hi,
I'm new to this :) I am receiving pip at the lower rate and received a letter about "severe disability premium" I filled in the form, it was very simple no trick questions! My daughter who is a full time university student lives with me, and I this I disclosed on the form, sent it back and 2 weeks later I was told I qualified for SDP. If you are sent this form I think you can safely assume you will get the benefit, they already know your circumstances because of the form you fill in when applying for pip. Hope that helps.

J

JPG2502

Hi,
I'm new to this :) I am receiving pip at the lower rate and received a letter about "severe disability premium" I filled in the form, it was very simple no trick questions! My daughter who is a full time university student lives with me, and I this I disclosed on the form, sent it back and 2 weeks later I was told I qualified for SDP. If you are sent this form I think you can safely assume you will get the benefit, they already know your circumstances because of the form you fill in when applying for pip. Hope that helps.
I filled in and sent back the form a couple of weeks ago so see what happens .
Though having gone on the benefits and work forum it seems I won't be entitled.
I imagine they just automatically send out this form in a generic manner to everyone claiming pip and esa .
We all know how the DWP love to waste paper.

neorealism

neorealism

Got sent same forms, I think I binned them. The impression I got as all questions were asking about other people in household that I needed to have someone looking after me in my own house to qualify for it. Plus the name of it put me off, as I don't consider myself disabled, never mind severely disabled.
Found the forms, filled them out, sent them away... no harm in trying. Got my payment backdated to 15th of July. Happy days. I live on my own and don't have any carers if that helps anyone. Still don't know what this is actually awarded for but hey ho.

J

JPG2502

Found the forms, filled them out, sent them away... no harm in trying. Got my payment backdated to 15th of July. Happy days. I live on my own and don't have any carers if that helps anyone. Still don't know what this is actually awarded for but hey ho.
may i ask when you sent them and when you received a reply?