• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

been here before - may trigger

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
just feeling so low just now.
thinking more about how to take my own life rather than trying to focus on things that are going on in my life.
today just want the hurt to stop.
feel just so useless and a failure - i know that this is an illness and i am my own worst enemy but that does not make it any easier to cope

Q

quality factor

Hi, i am a relatively new member and i was sorry to read your statement.
I can guess how you might be feeling, i've been there over and over.
It is hard to focus when you're feeling so bad, but try and focus on one thing to begin with and perhaps you might begin to feel less overwhelmed gradually.
The effort you are putting in to how to end it could be put in to something more positive instead.
Hope that might help a little bit.:flowers:

Aahbut

Aahbut

Hi Dunglen, we all get like that at some point. Thinking about it is not the problem, it's the going through with it. It is an illness, and you are not a failure, it's just difficult to see the wood for the trees right now. Try and get some sleep, you don't hurt when you're asleep.

R

Roxy

Founding Member
Hi Dunglen, I hope you're coping with life a bit better to-day. I think sometimes we just expect too much from ourselves and when we don't achieve what we'd planned, we beat ourselves up and our self esteem plummets even further.

Take things as easy as possible and surround yourself with people and things that you love, it will help to ease the pain of depression.

Don't forget that if you become so overwhelmed and at a real low, there are many sources of help that you can contact, plus i'm sure everyone in the forum will be there to support you in any way they can.:hug:

M

Michael

Founding Member
How are things today Dunglen? I really feel for you when you write you are feeling so low.
I was at a wedding in Scotland over the weekend and seeing the hills and hearing the scottish lilt made me feel all at home. It lifted my spirits no-end and I don't mean the liquid type either lol.
The picture by your name always raises my spirits, it seems to excude a form of calm to me.
Please let us know how you are getting on at the moment, maybe somehow the high spirit I am in at the moment I will be able to share with you.:hug:

Michael

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Do you ever wish you’d been aborted? Depression Forum 14
K My cat has been put to sleep Depression Forum 30
L Today Has Been Bad. TRIGGAR WARNING Depression Forum 8
D I've been getting stalked and bullied for years and I just don't know what to do anymore... Depression Forum 3
T it’s been too long Depression Forum 1
M Ive been with just 1 pair of pants and 2 t-shirts since months Depression Forum 2
D Something horrible happened to my daughter and I’m not doing well. I haven’t even been able to work. I’m trying to get better. Depression Forum 2
J Gum pain has been driving me ill Depression Forum 5
R Feeling lower every day from all I've been through Depression Forum 14
R Why have I been treatment resistant so far? Is there any hope for me overcoming depression? Depression Forum 2
TylersOutlet24 My on-going journal of different Antidepressants and dosages I have been on & how they have affected me. Do they do anything? Depression Forum 3
R Has anyone ever been on Trintellix? What were your experiences? Depression Forum 2
Z it's been a dreadful couple of years, am i depressed again or just jaded? Depression Forum 6
G Mom has been in a depressive episode for over a month Depression Forum 2
I I don’t want to be here Depression Forum 5
S To the people on here who make me feel pathetic. Depression Forum 48
M Did you expect to make real friends here ? Depression Forum 16
L Hi. New here but very depressed. Depression Forum 4
D Hi I'm new here and have suffered depression since early 90's Depression Forum 6
Sissy2021 Hello, I'm new here Depression Forum 20
M Any here who deals with loneliness and wants to chat ? Depression Forum 9
M For people who is here not looking for advices Depression Forum 7
M Any South Americans here ? Depression Forum 8
D Anyone that struggles with their immigrant parents here? Depression Forum 21
M Here I am, again. Depression Forum 1
M Hey every one I am new here. Depression Forum 19
pooryathr Can I share my exprience with online therapy here? Depression Forum 2
R New here, not really sure what I'm doing Depression Forum 4
Ineedhelp2921 I don't want to be here anymore Depression Forum 8
Anxiety girl 84 Hi I'm new here, could do with some help Depression Forum 27
Kerly13 I don't belong here Depression Forum 31
M New here, need to talk to someone Depression Forum 9
S Dont want to be here anymore Depression Forum 3
Tawny Here we go again Depression Forum 48
S Here we ago again Depression Forum 4
Feritas I feel so empty. I don't even know why anymore. So here's my story. Depression Forum 2
M How long you was dealing with depression before search and join to a forum? Depression Forum 8
K The morning after the night before Depression Forum 2
F Depression or maybe anxiety... looking to control it before it gets worse Depression Forum 8
Bezerker Best way to relax before sleeping Depression Forum 5
Z What’s the last thing you think of before sleep? Depression Forum 31
B I want to die..... same shit as before. Depression Forum 52
T I'm new to this, I've never done anything like this before. Depression Forum 11