• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

been here before - may trigger

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
just feeling so low just now.
thinking more about how to take my own life rather than trying to focus on things that are going on in my life.
today just want the hurt to stop.
feel just so useless and a failure - i know that this is an illness and i am my own worst enemy but that does not make it any easier to cope

Q

quality factor

Hi, i am a relatively new member and i was sorry to read your statement.
I can guess how you might be feeling, i've been there over and over.
It is hard to focus when you're feeling so bad, but try and focus on one thing to begin with and perhaps you might begin to feel less overwhelmed gradually.
The effort you are putting in to how to end it could be put in to something more positive instead.
Hope that might help a little bit.:flowers:

Aahbut

Aahbut

Hi Dunglen, we all get like that at some point. Thinking about it is not the problem, it's the going through with it. It is an illness, and you are not a failure, it's just difficult to see the wood for the trees right now. Try and get some sleep, you don't hurt when you're asleep.

R

Roxy

Founding Member
Hi Dunglen, I hope you're coping with life a bit better to-day. I think sometimes we just expect too much from ourselves and when we don't achieve what we'd planned, we beat ourselves up and our self esteem plummets even further.

Take things as easy as possible and surround yourself with people and things that you love, it will help to ease the pain of depression.

Don't forget that if you become so overwhelmed and at a real low, there are many sources of help that you can contact, plus i'm sure everyone in the forum will be there to support you in any way they can.:hug:

M

Michael

Founding Member
How are things today Dunglen? I really feel for you when you write you are feeling so low.
I was at a wedding in Scotland over the weekend and seeing the hills and hearing the scottish lilt made me feel all at home. It lifted my spirits no-end and I don't mean the liquid type either lol.
The picture by your name always raises my spirits, it seems to excude a form of calm to me.
Please let us know how you are getting on at the moment, maybe somehow the high spirit I am in at the moment I will be able to share with you.:hug:

Michael