• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

been here before - may trigger

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
just feeling so low just now.
thinking more about how to take my own life rather than trying to focus on things that are going on in my life.
today just want the hurt to stop.
feel just so useless and a failure - i know that this is an illness and i am my own worst enemy but that does not make it any easier to cope

Q

quality factor

Hi, i am a relatively new member and i was sorry to read your statement.
I can guess how you might be feeling, i've been there over and over.
It is hard to focus when you're feeling so bad, but try and focus on one thing to begin with and perhaps you might begin to feel less overwhelmed gradually.
The effort you are putting in to how to end it could be put in to something more positive instead.
Hope that might help a little bit.:flowers:

Aahbut

Aahbut

Hi Dunglen, we all get like that at some point. Thinking about it is not the problem, it's the going through with it. It is an illness, and you are not a failure, it's just difficult to see the wood for the trees right now. Try and get some sleep, you don't hurt when you're asleep.

R

Roxy

Founding Member
Hi Dunglen, I hope you're coping with life a bit better to-day. I think sometimes we just expect too much from ourselves and when we don't achieve what we'd planned, we beat ourselves up and our self esteem plummets even further.

Take things as easy as possible and surround yourself with people and things that you love, it will help to ease the pain of depression.

Don't forget that if you become so overwhelmed and at a real low, there are many sources of help that you can contact, plus i'm sure everyone in the forum will be there to support you in any way they can.:hug:

M

Michael

Founding Member
How are things today Dunglen? I really feel for you when you write you are feeling so low.
I was at a wedding in Scotland over the weekend and seeing the hills and hearing the scottish lilt made me feel all at home. It lifted my spirits no-end and I don't mean the liquid type either lol.
The picture by your name always raises my spirits, it seems to excude a form of calm to me.
Please let us know how you are getting on at the moment, maybe somehow the high spirit I am in at the moment I will be able to share with you.:hug:

Michael

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Feeling lower every day from all I've been through Depression Forum 14
R Why have I been treatment resistant so far? Is there any hope for me overcoming depression? Depression Forum 2
TylersOutlet24 My on-going journal of different Antidepressants and dosages I have been on & how they have affected me. Do they do anything? Depression Forum 3
R Has anyone ever been on Trintellix? What were your experiences? Depression Forum 2
Z it's been a dreadful couple of years, am i depressed again or just jaded? Depression Forum 6
G Mom has been in a depressive episode for over a month Depression Forum 2
L Have you been broken up with because of your depression? Depression Forum 12
M I've been like this since I can remember. Depression Forum 11
AustralianDeb1986 Has anyone been on or know about the birth control implant Nexplanon / Implanon? Depression Forum 3
M How many of you been living with depression over 5 years ? Depression Forum 28
D My mom has been struggling with manic depression and psychotic episodes for months. Depression Forum 9
L I have recently been diagnosed with depression and I'm actually happy about it Depression Forum 1
Faith198 It’s been awhile, depression Depression Forum 5
R I’ve been increasing my SSRI but the depression came back again today. Depression Forum 3
B Agomelatine (uk name) and anyone been on it ?? Depression Forum 1
A Anyone been to a&e for suicidal thoughts? Depression Forum 15
Drawings_T Looking for inspiration, been struggling so long Depression Forum 3
Hardknocks88 Been through a lot. Depression Forum 7
M Any here who deals with loneliness and wants to chat ? Depression Forum 1
M For people who is here not looking for advices Depression Forum 7
M Any South Americans here ? Depression Forum 5
D Anyone that struggles with their immigrant parents here? Depression Forum 21
M Here I am, again. Depression Forum 1
M Hey every one I am new here. Depression Forum 19
pooryathr Can I share my exprience with online therapy here? Depression Forum 2
R New here, not really sure what I'm doing Depression Forum 4
Ineedhelp2921 I don't want to be here anymore Depression Forum 8
Anxiety girl 84 Hi I'm new here, could do with some help Depression Forum 27
Kerly13 I don't belong here Depression Forum 31
M New here, need to talk to someone Depression Forum 9
S Dont want to be here anymore Depression Forum 3
Tawny Here we go again Depression Forum 48
S Here we ago again Depression Forum 4
Feritas I feel so empty. I don't even know why anymore. So here's my story. Depression Forum 2
Z Why I'm here Depression Forum 6
M I don't deserve to be here Depression Forum 4
THE MANDALORIAN I CAME HERE TO CRY Depression Forum 3
M The Last day in here before I develop to Intellectual disability. Depression Forum 2
M Who can chat with me here until I have lost control of my brain? 😭 Depression Forum 5
M Share your antidepressants emotion blunting experience here. Depression Forum 23
M Is there a chat room on here,or a INstant messaging or would anyone be interested Depression Forum 9
M Talking about Pristiq here Depression Forum 2
K New here just after someone to listen Depression Forum 2
IrishinUSA I’m New Here - Major Depressive Disorder Depression Forum 25
M Looking to meet other people here (over 26 old) Depression Forum 1
A I dont want to be here anymore but dont want to die Depression Forum 2
H Anyone here take deplin? Depression Forum 7
G hi! i am just new here Depression Forum 1
T I'm new to this, I've never done anything like this before. Depression Forum 11
O Friend told me he wanted to die a week before he actually did it Depression Forum 7