• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

been assessed for water meter

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
this thames water guy came round asked if i was working i said i was disabled he asked what it was i said i'd rather not say you wouldn't understand

He could see the brewery in the kitchen and the cans, imagine what he assumes

T

Topcat

Maybe he assumes you don't drink much water, so are perfect for a meter ;)

Nosy git for asking your disability

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i wass been assessed for a meter, i'd asked for one, i'd heard if they can't be installed and your single you get cheaper water rates, will save a hundred at least

Last time i asked in a different place they said they'd give me the average water rates but the amount i pay is less as it is, seems they've changed the rules

T

Topcat

It should definitely be cheaper as you're single

I need to get rid of ours. Seem to be paying a ridiculous amount for water, just looked up how much the rates are & I'm paying waaaay over that.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
if your using the term ours the more people the more you pay without a meter

T

Topcat

I have been paying £35 a month for each, in and out, so £70 a month, £840 a year. The last bill didn't add up either, now can't bloody find it

porkpie

porkpie

I believe that you get cheaper water rates if your incontinent and they won't fit a meter in that regards because it defeats the purpose.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Nikita said:
Last year I paid £29 pounds a month for 9 months and that covered my water bill.This month I am paying £21 pound a month,not sure if 9 months payments will cover it.I live alone and am on a meter.Hope that helps.Does it depend on where in the country you are and what water company you are under too or just how much you use?
thames water had to build the london ringmain a while ago

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i think it's a savings talking about savings certain people to avoid me no longer answer they're landline phone and i can only contact them on they're mobile which i can't affford from my virgin landline, paranoid me thinks it's intentional, so could people give me advice on how to phone mobiles cheaply