• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Been acepted into University!

J

JungleGym

Been accepted into University!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I still can't believe it. I only went to the open evening 4 weeks ago, was given an application form and told to fill it in there and then. I had my interview on the 18th July and got my acceptance letter on the 21st!! I'm now patiently waiting for the information re enrollment and induction week.

I'm doing a Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care (Mental Health Pathway) with UCLan.

:D :D x

Last edited:
J

JungleGym

I am, thank you!

Still can't quite believe it, and still a little shocked! But really excited to get on with it :D x

shrew

shrew

That's great news JungleGym, well done :) And doing something so good as well :clap:

J

JungleGym

Thank you all so much! :hug: :clap:

I've just realised I missed the other 'c' out of 'acceptance' and now it won't change, even in advanced settings :LOL: They have no idea what they've let themselves in for, giving me a place! Ha.

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S I've never been independent. I live with parents & scared for parents to die & my future scares me. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
N I’ve been awarded high mob - high care until 2025. Without face to face. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
N I've been told I won't have to attend PIP face-to-face. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
charlie says Been awarded standard rate pip Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
M Been cut off from ESA.... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 43
W Anyone else been paid ESA early? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 31
S Been awarded PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 55
J I have bipolar disorder and have been denied from disability benefits, what should I do ? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
C Can you get PIP if you haven't been assessed for ESA yet? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
cpuusage The UN Report into UK Government maltreatment of disabled people has been published Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
cpuusage Another homeless person has been found dead on the streets of Milton Keynes Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
J Been sent a letter about ''severe disability premium'. What is it?! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
D Been on ESA trial phase since June 2013. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
S anybody been awarded pip for bi polar Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
P Wrag group been to work focus group - bit of a rant and question! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Artmuzz I've been awarded income related ESA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
J Been put on a ''work programme''. What on earth is it? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
L Have been placed in support group Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
A The UK government has been taking 'advice' from a discredited US insurance company known for 'disability denial' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
mckeo5514 Been accepted for mphil Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
I Its been over a month since sending ESA50 back and heard nothing. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
D I've been waiting for an answer to esa medical Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
worrymuffin shit. been stupid. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
Artmuzz I've been awarded DLA (Mobility Lower rate) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
BillFish Been given a second new life now bebt free Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
P been easily 14 weeks and no word Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
B Help please my benefits have been stopped Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
Artmuzz I've been put on WRAG without assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
midnite Been trying to open a bank account for 10 years and STILL CANT!!!!!!!!!!!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
D HELP! Been taken OFF ESA! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 28
P Another Medical Before My Appeal Has Been Heard. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
M finally been awarded dla! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
A whats the longest you've been awarded ESA? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
V Been sent a limited capability for work assessment... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
Z I have been on esa over 365 days Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
greenfairy Just been dismissed while signed off sick! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
A PLEASE HELP! had been signed off work related stress have been back for 8 days and feeling the same as i did before if not worse! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
M been told ive not been awarded DVL Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
R been given 0 points on esa when im on DLA and have been told i should of had roughly 119 points Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
E has anyone been asked to show your sh scars during a medical? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
Solitude1 University Life Sucks Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 32
M Can I do a course at the Open University if I'm on ESA and PIP? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 16
F I won't get into university Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
P ESA going into University? what will happen? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
S Benefits and going to university. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
lostgirl19 Studying with the Open University Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
G ESA Support group (income-based) and University? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
E Suspended University Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
G University work and guilt - could really do with some help Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
O University in September Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2