• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Been a fun day :/

M

MissKatie

I've been off work for a few weeks and despite a lot of anxiety going back, I've found the job to be okay.

I got back on Twitter, started to talk to some old friends and...as the week went on I realised that I'm simply not good enough at anything.
I look bad, I can't hold a conversation and I'm unlikable.

I realised these things after seeing how well others are doing compared to I and I couldn't see anyone doing any worse.

So I deleted Twitter again and my old friends.

This isn't a new thing, I've always been like this, but social media kills me mentally.

T E_90

T E_90

I think social media does a lot of damage most of the time.
Are fake friendship, and most of what you see, is what others want you to see, what others think is acceptable and they mostly fake aswell , maybe thinking the same of you, having the same insecurities.
I noticed it's like a war of attention,
to be better than others, to have more friends numbers, cooler, have more than others, just showing off..
and so people get depressed because they think these people have always more than them, and they don't appreciate anymore what they have.
Same thing happens with the media, bombarding us with the ideal lifestyle that most of the time is fictional.
So don't put yourself down to be on a social, but take your time.
Not being on them doesn't mean being unacceptable.
Wish you the best at your job

B

boblano

I think social media does a lot of damage most of the time.
Are fake friendship, and most of what you see, is what others want you to see, what others think is acceptable and they mostly fake aswell , maybe thinking the same of you, having the same insecurities.
I noticed it's like a war of attention,
to be better than others, to have more friends numbers, cooler, have more than others, just showing off..
and so people get depressed because they think these people have always more than them, and they don't appreciate anymore what they have.
Same thing happens with the media, bombarding us with the ideal lifestyle that most of the time is fictional.
So don't put yourself down to be on a social, but take your time.
Not being on them doesn't mean being unacceptable.
Wish you the best at your job
I also feel like society wants to pit people against each other, but it's wrong. and it's not unnatural, as ape societies also have alpha/omega statuses for each one, and the stress levels for every one varies. coincidentally, a lot of food items people eat increases each person's stress tolerance, for example, caffiene is a pain-killer, increases stress tolerance, and sugar decreases stress temporarily, etc. why are these so abundant? and what's more is that no one is allowed to "just be"

even I, a somewhat lazier person honestly, feels pressured to do stuff I really don't want to do, which is why I choose to have fewer responsibilities in life