• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Been a battle for 28 years with no medication

madmark

madmark

as u know james sometimes the smallest changes can have massive effects on mental health both for the better or worse its just a matter of moving a few things about in life to support your state of mind thats what ime learning and try to push the positive feelings in as many small ways as possible you take care mate and ime here should u need to chat

J

JCPraha

I think you are correct. I have to arrange things to support the state of mind that I am in, which is not so good right now. You seem to be doing better now. I remember before you were in a terribly bad place. It seems like you were able to bounce back from some really terrible circumstances. Thanks for the advice and I hope you are still fighting the good fight.

P

Pollypop

I also remember you going through some really bad times Mark.
You sound so much better and more confident.
I have been reading some of your posts and am really going to
to try to take some of your suggestions and actions
.James and I both need your positivity.

J

JCPraha

Absolutely. I'm glad you are doing better. Good advice.

madmark

madmark

just a quick update ime managing ok still lots going on with in my mental state but i'm more calm and looking at things with a open mind just carrying on best i can for now still having counseling on a weekly basis and i do feel its helping me look deeper in to my life hope u all doing well and james and pollypop we can only do what we can do and yes i'm doing ok as i leant not to be at war with myself its a losing battle every time if i'm feeling low slow down as much as possible but also if i'm feeling good don't run and over push myself there needs to be a balance every day nice to here from u pollypop

J

JCPraha

Hello Mark! I am happy you are doing much better after going through so much turmoil and hardship. I'm still struggling along. I was in a psych unit for about 4 weeks. I got this ECT treatments. It helped some, but I am still struggling with the problems of life. It is not so easy. I really don't feel well enough to work anymore. I am not sure what I will do. I think it is better you never took any medications. I think they just mess up a person's brain in the long term. Good to hear from you and I am glad you are doing well. Take care. All the best to you.

madmark

madmark

well what can i say apart from i so hope you are all managing to cope and stay safe with all this going on lockdown, virus cant do this cant do that no income no support and everybody in panic mode lol its the norm for my brain so me i just stuck at home no work no income at the moment but also no panic this situation is nasty for the normal people as we call them and i so hope you are all ok and well me ime just as normal plodding through best i can day by day jumping the hurdles as i come up to them all the best mark and stay safe

P

Pollypop

Hi Mark,
lovely to hear you still have so much positivity and personal logic.
Like Jame, I wish I had never had medication.
I asked a few weeks ago maybe I should try coming off everything.
i was given an emphatic “NO”
It does mess with your brain. Any chemical has to.

i am in the middle of it all being changed again but can’t have
the new one because my blood pressure is too high.
Reading up on what I am taking, a side effect can be raised blood pressure!
its catch 22.

The isolation is ok for me too as it is my normal state.

I love you analogy of jumping the hurdles as they come up.
Again, I am going to try the way you approach things.
All the best and keep safe.

madmark

madmark

Hi Mark,
lovely to hear you still have so much positivity and personal logic.
Like Jame, I wish I had never had medication.
I asked a few weeks ago maybe I should try coming off everything.
i was given an emphatic “NO”
It does mess with your brain. Any chemical has to.

i am in the middle of it all being changed again but can’t have
the new one because my blood pressure is too high.
Reading up on what I am taking, a side effect can be raised blood pressure!
its catch 22.

The isolation is ok for me too as it is my normal state.

I love you analogy of jumping the hurdles as they come up.
Again, I am going to try the way you approach things.
All the best and keep safe.
i always been the same with meds as soon as i try my head goes crazy so no meds the norm for me you and james been on meds for a long time so approach coming of them with care and full advice as it will be a massive change to your life's i truly don't understand how my head has settled to the running its at just seemed to slow itself down to give me some time to process things before i get irate and wound up inside all of you please stay safe but most of all stay in focus with your mental health

madmark

madmark

Thanks Mark. You’re an inspiratio.🙂
thank you but me i am me i was at war with myself for most of my life but i guess ive managed to take note i cant win that war as just run myself in to the ground so i excepted defeat white towel held high and just go with the enemy with in its a lot calmer and i have time to think that way this mental illness is evil but the main thing i had to learn best advice i took on board then mental illness is ME not a outside influence which i was sure it was as it all feels so real that way i understand what is going on is all part of me except it and turn it to a quieter place as much as possible if it all gets to much close my mind down and rest it do lots of what i like and what gives me a lift in life but do not turn it in to a mission or it have the opposite affect look after myself 1st before others as that will then help me be strong to help and support others eg family and friend but i and you have to put yourself 1st

J

JCPraha

Hello Mark!

So great to hear from you again! It sounds like you are coping well. Polly and I have been thinking of you. It's still a struggle for me. The problem with this virus is not helpful. Everything is closed, cannot go anywhere or do anything. I know you said it was difficult for you as well and that you had no work to do. I am still struggling with my personal and mental health problems as usual. It is a lifetime fight. I think you are right. If you cannot look after yourself first it is not possible to help anyone else. It's so great you are able to cope with all of this with no medications. I know your life has been very difficult that past 2 years or so. Take care of yourself. It is so good to see one of your messages again. To know you are still hanging in there despite all of the difficulties.

Wishing you all the best.

James

madmark

madmark

Hello Mark!

So great to hear from you again! It sounds like you are coping well. Polly and I have been thinking of you. It's still a struggle for me. The problem with this virus is not helpful. Everything is closed, cannot go anywhere or do anything. I know you said it was difficult for you as well and that you had no work to do. I am still struggling with my personal and mental health problems as usual. It is a lifetime fight. I think you are right. If you cannot look after yourself first it is not possible to help anyone else. It's so great you are able to cope with all of this with no medications. I know your life has been very difficult that past 2 years or so. Take care of yourself. It is so good to see one of your messages again. To know you are still hanging in there despite all of the difficulties.

Wishing you all the best.

James
james my friend its like this you are still here pushing through so you are truly winning your war with in it is difficult i fully understand but i believe in your inner strength to also find a quieter path to walk like i seem to have done stay strong stay focused and stay safe try not to panic the complete world now has a similar life/situation as we have full time so like me sit back and watch them all struggle it shows the strength we have to deal with isolation with in ourselves every day for most of our lives all the best mate and take care ime alway about and will keep posting from time to time the answer i think is to find a balance point through out your complete life then juggle it about to stay on the balance part if that makes any sense lol

H

Hello513Zombie

thank you but me i am me i was at war with myself for most of my life but i guess ive managed to take note i cant win that war as just run myself in to the ground so i excepted defeat white towel held high and just go with the enemy with in its a lot calmer and i have time to think that way this mental illness is evil but the main thing i had to learn best advice i took on board then mental illness is ME not a outside influence which i was sure it was as it all feels so real that way i understand what is going on is all part of me except it and turn it to a quieter place as much as possible if it all gets to much close my mind down and rest it do lots of what i like and what gives me a lift in life but do not turn it in to a mission or it have the opposite affect look after myself 1st before others as that will then help me be strong to help and support others eg family and friend but i and you have to put yourself 1st
I too was at first convinced it was an outside influence

It was difficult to accept it was something internal

J

JCPraha

Hello Mark,

Yes, it makes sense. Need to find a balance point. It's not easy to do when so many things are changing around me. I try not to panic. It does not help. You are right the problem with mental illness is within me. Thanks for posting. Good to hear from you, as always.

James