• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bedroom depression

M

Mary on the hill

My depression has become so bad, that I can't sleep in my bedroom. It makes me feel isolated and cut off. So I've been sleeping in the living room. Anyone else have this problem? How can I get over it? I miss my room.

M

Mary on the hill

My depression has become so bad, that I can't sleep in my bedroom. It makes me feel isolated and cut off. So I've been sleeping in the living room. Anyone else have this problem? How can I get over it? I miss my room.
I am exactly the same way!! I have been sleeping on the couch for the last 5 yrs now. And i got 2 dogs and 2 cats sleeping with me too! So it's a tight fit. I have a nice comfy canopy bed, but i will never sleep in there again. It is in the back of the house and i feel trapped there. I feel safer on the couch near the front door. I don't miss my room, but if you do then try sleeping in it for one night only. Bring your meds, pillow, water and other such stuff with you.

M

Mary on the hill

I tried sleeping in my room recently and it just filled me with dread. What can I do to fix this?
If you feel dread when in your room then do not sleep there. Sleep only where you feel better.

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

hello, i can understand this, i dont really get it now, but when i was young i had it bad, i used to feel buried alive in my room, a really frightening feeling, i just couldnt stop this feeling,

its good advice from mary, try to sleep somewhere else malfoy, hopefully you feel better,

take care

M

Mary on the hill

Sometimes i take an hour or more nap in my car. For some reason i feel safe there. I might read a paper or magazine and then get real sleepy. I have a little pillow in there and i just lay down and nap. I've done that in broad daylight and no one bothers me. In my house the 2 cats jump all over me and the 2 dogs sleep with me so i think i feel more comfy in the car cuz it's so QUIET!!

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

i like to relax in my car too, parked in the countryside where i live, just the birds, butterflies, rabbits, as company, heaven, when i shuffle off this mortal coil i shall return to the countryside, no horrible humans to hurt me or judge me, no more self pity, no more pepsi cola- i will miss that though, no more worrying,

grrrrrrrrrrrrr to the world and grrrrrrrrrr to me

P

Prycejosh1987

If you miss your room, go back into an sleep in it. If you work on your relationships with your family then things will be better for you.