• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bedfordshire??

A

Antonia25

hi,
i am also in luton, lechar and i are friends, we met off here.
omega where abouts do you live?? i am near stopsly

M

madsheep

Hey peeps. I am in Bedfordshire. I live in Chicksands.

M

madsheep

what do you peeps think of the level of care in bedfordshire?

kizim

kizim

The level of care in Bedfordshire is not good at all... I have been diagnosed with Cyclothymia, given some drugs to take & told to get on with it. I needed help with ESA forms but nobody seems to want to help. My GP has become bored with me & is now rude to me every time I go to see him. I have tried to see other Dr's in the practice {it is a very small pratice} & am treated very bad. I am going through an appeal for ESA at the moment & need to send medical notes every month from my GP so this make things very difficult for me. Things got so bad my sister ended up taking me to Bedford A&E. I had the crisis team look after me for a few weeks, my meds changed & now have to continue seeing my GP who still treats me like a waste of air.
Does anyone else have problems like this or is it just me???
Rant over for now...
Kizim

M

madsheep

I have found the care level okish. Its not great but its not that bad either. I do get a sense of 'just get on with it' though. :(

K

k_pressy

hi all,

I'm in Bedfordshire too, used to live in Biggleswade but just moved about a month ago to Potton. I think the level of care you get is dependant on whereabouts in Bedfordshire you are. What sort of care do you get in Luton? And what about in Bedford? The care given in Biggleswade area is pretty damn useless. It took me almost dying for anyone to begin to take me seriously after going backwards and forwards between the GP and CMHT for 5 years. I just take my tablets and go to my appointments like a good little girl and give up on hoping to actually make any progress.

R

radio_man1000

I come from Bedfordshire. I have adult autism and suffer from depression and anxiety. I am a 53 year old male. I can't hold a job down and I have never had a wife or relationship. My world is a waiting room where I wait to die whenever that may be, next year, in twenty years or maybe forty.

S

soulful

radio man that sounds terrible :hug:

J

jane alexandra

Hi, yes I am from Dunstable how about you.