• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Becoming overattached to people in my life

Anxiousflower

Anxiousflower

Does anyone else check their messages with the person they're attached to, kind of obsessively?
I've grown very attached to my crush (and a friend of mine again) to the point where if I send him a message, I'll check if he's opened it, over and over again. And if he leaves me on read, I'll feel really sad and disappointed and a bit unwanted. I'll read through old conversations of ours too.
I had to put our conversations on Facebook under archive so I'm not tempted to text him all the time (and plus he's in the army and has been busy pretty much all the time.)
And with my friend, I had to turn off notifications on Snapchat 😫
It's really difficult to stop. 😭 like I have to literally FORCE myself not to message them all the time or look through old conversations
I hateeee it.

O

Orangeade

Does anyone else check their messages with the person they're attached to, kind of obsessively?
I've grown very attached to my crush (and a friend of mine again) to the point where if I send him a message, I'll check if he's opened it, over and over again. And if he leaves me on read, I'll feel really sad and disappointed and a bit unwanted. I'll read through old conversations of ours too.
I had to put our conversations on Facebook under archive so I'm not tempted to text him all the time (and plus he's in the army and has been busy pretty much all the time.)
It's really difficult to stop. 😭 like I have to literally FORCE myself not to message them all the time or look through old conversations
I hateeee it.
I feel like that often with people in my life, also have bpd

Anxiousflower

Anxiousflower

I feel like that often with people in my life, also have bpd
It's so frustrating. There's only been very specific people in my life that I had become very attached to in the past. At least I have more self awareness now lol.

B

Bobbyewing

I hateeee it.
I had this issue. You need another interest. Otherwise you might burn these people out

E

EclipticNight

In a way I have the opposite problem. When I message people it can take days or weeks to get a reply. I used to wait for them but now I've given up on anyone caring enough about me to respond. I tried dating sites, sent messages, got some automated replies the site uses then nothing.

B

Bobbyewing

In a way I have the opposite problem. When I message people it can take days or weeks to get a reply. I used to wait for them but now I've given up on anyone caring enough about me to respond. I tried dating sites, sent messages, got some automated replies the site uses then nothing.
Are you talking friends or just people on dating sites?

E

EclipticNight

@Bobbyewing both unfortunately. In terms of friends my texts go unanswered for days to weeks and plans get blown off and no one seems to notice. On dating sites I uploaded a pic of myself and all replies stopped. The way it worked was you sent automated messages back and fourth to see if both parties are interested in talking, I have about 5 women respond they wanted to so I messaged them and never got a response. I don't know if it's my photo or women just like messing with me. I've been cheated on and abused by all but one in the past.

vxmpire

vxmpire

ughhh yeah im the same i used to have my notifications off for snapchat but not anymore as no one talks to me anymore. not really attached to anyone as of rn as i dont rlly talk to anyone but i get how u feel as i used to do the same