Becoming A Lecturer

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

This is hilarious but

since Day One my Therapist has been onto me to work for him as a Lecturer.

He talks about it every session. When you begin lecturing, he says...

He runs a Nationally Accredited College and he wants ME to be part of it.

Me. Of all people...

Of course I will say yes, in fact I think I have my first Lecture to a couple of students next week.

I hope to Change the way folk think about the Mentally Ill and change the Treatments also; being that they are almost universally Fucking Useless.

If anyone would like something communicated to the next generation of MH workers, please post it here so I can work it in to My Next Fabulous Utterances.

Im serious here - some of these students will go on to be Actual Policy Makers so whatever I say will be Heard and hopefully, one day, acted upon.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

so im guessing today was my first Education session for the students.

My support worker called and said Please Go In For Support.

I said NO. I said my therapist needs to make up his fucking mind whether hes a therapist or a businessman.

Me going and explaining the current BULLSHIT in my head to 2 stupid students is NOT HELPFUL - to me at least - im sure its extremely helpful to HIM because these students pay Good Money and come from all over the country specifically to ask me STUPID FUCKING QUESTIONS.

So Make Up YOur Mind, dick. You're either my Therapist OR my Employer.

And if you're my Employer I want fucking paying, otherwise Sayonara Bitch. Go find another guinea pig, this one is FUBAR.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

so

now I have weed the above mania has vanished

or more correctly, reassembled itself into its Old Me (today at least)

the girl who would and could kick ass, the one who makes people Startle then Laugh Hysterically, the one who is passionate and Self Educated and the ONE WHO WILL SAY WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS THINKING

I am about to use my skills for Good instead of Evil

so I contacted my Guy and am in with his students next week

I will be Educating his Students rather than Being Counselled myself

so this all means ive got to formulate Educatey things to cogently say instead of just ranting about em on MH forums (sorry guys)

A few topics Im kicking around:

1. toxicity of Legal Drugs (this has been MASSIVE in my journey)

2. the psych profession which basically needs to take a Good Hard Fucking Look at Itself

that's two Really Important discussions that need to be had.

oh 3

Treatment of Addiction Specifically when Illegal Substance is Effective for MH

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

TOPIC: Improving MH Accessibility and Efficiacy

yes one of the Unleadeds long words that will appeal to the intellect *snicker

Im talking to a room of folk who want to work with Troubled Souls

My very first suggestion is - so simple

STOP TREATING EVERYONES BRAINS THE SAME

when you enter our Great Western Mental Health Medical Stream you enter some very tricky waters indeed.

A shell titted mermaid tempts you into the Calm Waters, come this way my dear. Swallow the pill, all shall be well.

What you don't see is the Great Barrier Fucking Reef just beyond the calm. What she doesn't even TELL you about despite somewhere along the line actually laying her palm on something called the Hippocratic Oath and swearing to uphold it. Shes a shell titted mermaid, she wasn't SERIOUS FFS! Whaddaya mean, warn you about the Barrier? Shes a fekkin mermaid not a Barrier Worrier!

On the other side is a choppy nasty grey looking tide, a few rocks poking hither and yon, maybe some really big ones.

of course the average joe is going to go with old shell tits, no question. And who could blame him?

D

daydreambeliever39

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yes one of the Unleadeds long words that will appeal to the intellect *snicker

Im talking to a room of folk who want to work with Troubled Souls

My very first suggestion is - so simple

STOP TREATING EVERYONES BRAINS THE SAME

when you enter our Great Western Mental Health Medical Stream you enter some very tricky waters indeed.

A shell titted mermaid tempts you into the Calm Waters, come this way my dear. Swallow the pill, all shall be well.

What you don't see is the Great Barrier Fucking Reef just beyond the calm. What she doesn't even TELL you about despite somewhere along the line actually laying her palm on something called the Hippocratic Oath and swearing to uphold it. Shes a shell titted mermaid, she wasn't SERIOUS FFS! Whaddaya mean, warn you about the Barrier? Shes a fekkin mermaid not a Barrier Worrier!

On the other side is a choppy nasty grey looking tide, a few rocks poking hither and yon, maybe some really big ones.

of course the average joe is going to go with old shell tits, no question. And who could blame him?
Good analogy. I like it.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Are you going to get paid?
sort of

I will be educating them in exchange for them treating me

but really I don't care - I just want these folk to Learn What its Like to be So Vulnerable and Reliant on Others

that is disabling in and of itself

when you cant care for YOURSELF properly even