• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Because the music drowns them out

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Just so creepy, disturbing and unnatural.

Is this really a human experience?

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

Yes. It is. You are human, and this is your experience. I wish I could change it for you. :hug:

I had a creepy voice too for a while. I believe my voices are parts of my brain voicing things from my own mind. Messes with me when I think about some of the stuff I used to hear.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

It is like a series of trials from Star Trek.

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

I can't recall enough Star Trek to understand that, but I know it can get bizarre.

N

natalie

I am glad that music can help. I have said this for many many moons, that music in its many powerful calming and emtional forms, can have us f rom sheer mental issues, to then eventually being calmer and much more theraputically relaxed.

EdEd

EdEd

Yea , music is pretty awesome... a very useful tool in warding off the voices.

Hello513

Hello513

My psychosis began with music. I used to thin the music was talking to me. Given that my old job played music constantly it became inescapable.

Later I began to obsesively listen to the radio for messages despite how nasty, and unwanted I thought the messages were.

It was really a shame because I was a huge music fan, and attentended every live concert I could before this.

For awhile it really ruined my appreciation for music something I used to cherish, but when I went into remmision for long enough I got back into music.

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

to obsesively listen to the radio for messages despite how nasty, and unwanted I thought the messages were.

It was really a shame because I was a huge music fan, and attentended every live concert I could before this.

For awhile it really ruined my appreciation for music something I used to cherish, but when I went into remmision for long
I relate to this so much. I am only starting to be able to enjoy the radio again. I wasn’t a concert goer, but everything else fits.

Spooky tooth

Spooky tooth

One of the only positive aspects of the lockdown here in the Caribbean is to pick up Alternative / Indie & Underground House channels from the UK that have certainly drowned out the voicething from handing out its normal levels of abuse .

mandy125

mandy125

im always listening to music i got so fed up of it that i had to start watching my shows again lol x

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

They are creeping me out again. It feels like they are real but they are uninvited and not welcome.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I can't even masturbate to highly erotic material. I am just limp like an old sock

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I am getting to the end of my tether. I can't fucking stand them. Makes my skin crawl.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Hearing Voices Forum 8