• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

because of cannabis use?

K

K2020

Did anyone else here become schizophrenic because of cannabis use?

I did

I used it very heavily, with a complete disregard for my own wellbeing - "Schizophrenia will never happen to me! It happens to other people!"

I'd never heard the word "psychotic" until I was sectioned

I was very naive, I thought it would make me more intelligent and enlightened

I smoked it because I was unhappy and wanted to change into a different type of person. In that regard, mission accomplished!

wollie

wollie

Cannabis and alcohol made me very ill, it gave me depression and I hear voices, I have been ill scince 2008 and I haven't touched the stuff again.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Did anyone else here become schizophrenic because of cannabis use?

I did

I used it very heavily, with a complete disregard for my own wellbeing - "Schizophrenia will never happen to me! It happens to other people!"

I'd never heard the word "psychotic" until I was sectioned

I was very naive, I thought it would make me more intelligent and enlightened

I smoked it because I was unhappy and wanted to change into a different type of person. In that regard, mission accomplished!
I had two friends who developed schizophrenia from smoking cannabis. They should really publicize this more as I have read about other people on this website who developed schizophrenia this way too...xo, j

M

Metalman5

I did too. 2 years before I had schizophrenia I smoked hella weed.

EdEd

EdEd

I had two friends who developed schizophrenia from smoking cannabis. They should really publicize this more as I have read about other people on this website who developed schizophrenia this way too...xo, j
I couldn't agree more.

EdEd

EdEd

I think people who've gotten schizophrenia from drug use should have the responsibility to tell other drug users the possible consequences to their actions.. I do it when and if people tell me they're engaging in drug use , I tell them that schizophrenia could be a possible consequence to their actions... so they atleast get a chance at preventing schizophrenia and changing their life for ever..

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

weed is a trigger.

You may have gone through life without this enabler. However, stress can bring it on as well.

My first psychosis was drug induced when I was 17.

I then had a further episode at 23 that was severe with no drugs in my system for a few years, and then they diagnosed me as a Schizophrenic

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Schizophrenia Forum 0