• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

beating the lies and decceit

nonotme

nonotme

my life is a real sham, I'm not going into too much detail but its a pack of lies and deceit.

some of it illegal (nothing too much so but enough to get me into trouble if found out) but most of it morally.

can I draw a line and move on? should I confess all to those that matter ?

if I con fess all my sins if would lead to much trouble in my family, but we are all telling each other lies, what we want them to know and not the truth.

I have had a shit morning, full of guilt and remorse for many things.

sorry needed to let this out, anyone with any answer please feel free..... i'm lost.

Me.

katya

katya

Hmmmmmm. Sounds like a tricky situation, and I don't know the ins and outs - but it sounds like you've realised that you can't carry on doing things that are illegal and immoral because it's taking its toll on your own mental health. I would try my best to draw a line under it and move on.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
sorry needed to let this out, anyone with any answer please feel free..... i'm lost.
When we've been in what can be considered to be dysfunctional families/dynamics/lives - it can be very hard to separate things out - our part from other peoples.

Self honesty i think is critical - living as best we can, having healthy boundaries & being as honest as is safely possible.

i've followed a sobriety path for over 13 years; it can be done - & have made a lot of progress - But life still carries on, other people still behave & live their lives the ways they want to - we can't change or control any of it, & it's hard. It's hard work to go into & work through things - it is painful & difficult. Many people just can't hack doing it.

G

Gredge23

I think you should accept what you've done , once you accept you can make a change , I would advise drawing a line and moving on , the repcussions of confessing might not sit well with you and make things worse , especially if u felt u had he strenght to confess but suddenly it's all come back to bite you in the ass.

Stay safe and move on buddy.

nonotme

nonotme

thanks for the comments, I will make a major effort to stop the lies.

nonotme

nonotme

thanks for the comments, I will make a major effort to stop the lies.
oddish weekend, found out more of what is going on. the jigsaw is coming together.

hows everyone doing?

G

Gredge23

The jigsaw is coming together in a good way?

Doing good nonotme , hope you are 2 :)

nonotme

nonotme

The jigsaw is coming together in a good way?
in a way I think I might understand in the end.. I'm sure I'm missing a few pieces but can see most of the picture.

nonotme

nonotme

can you live with lies?

I'm not sure what is going on with some people in my life and don't want to confront them incase its just my paranoia. But that said, its making me ill.

U

UMPALUMPA

can you live with lies?

I'm not sure what is going on with some people in my life and don't want to confront them incase its just my paranoia. But that said, its making me ill.
Its better to stop the paranoia building up ive found and to just ask people outright if something is true or not.

otherwise we can end up exploding in an outburst. it works for me anyway. xxx

glad your feeling a bit better today nonotme.

Gajolene

Gajolene

can you live with lies?

I have a past full of liars and decievers, some I've forgiven and others I've had to write out of my life. There are some really rotten miserable people in the world who have no conscious causing pain and despair for years afterwards. You can't expect people will be nice because you are, it just doesn't work that way, but you can set standards for yourself, you can forgive yourself, you can decide to put in in the past where it belongs and live having learned from it. Live for today this day, never be afraid to say no, to refuse entry to a person you know is toxic to you. I get really ill too flashbacking too much of my past that was unjustifyably screwed by liars and decievers. I really do hope Karma comes back on those people.

nonotme

nonotme

Its better to stop the paranoia building up ive found and to just ask people outright if something is true or not.

otherwise we can end up exploding in an outburst. it works for me anyway. xxx

glad your feeling a bit better today nonotme.

I am ready to bust, but without saying to much on here I could end up losing family.

L

lpdorch54

Family are the most difficult to have problems with I can't even confront friends if being treated wrong. I find it is best to try not to confront and see if it all just gets sorted. I know it shows no inner strength but I just hate arguing

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mrs Tiggywinkle Depression Forum 20
C Depression Forum 6