• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

BBC4 documentary on Sectioning.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I want to see this.Thanks for posting.

R

rasselas

Yes, it'll be very interesting. thanks for the heads up.

dib4uk

dib4uk

Isnt there also another one on monday on bbc4 at nine pm about the history of the mental asylum...

Both should be good watching just set the reminder now.:clap:

C

coraline1664

I do have a TV, but not a signal or a license, this is one of the times where I wish I did! I'll have to look here after the 19th to see what people say about it. :)

C

coraline1664

That's an idea Shaun, my only concern is that I can only download a small amount of content over the internet before I have to pay again (I use one of those o2 pay as you go mobile broadband dongles.) I want each payment to last the full month so I try not to watch too many videos online, a 45 min to an hour programme would probably take a good lump off! I might getting something better than that dongle quite soon though so it means I could download and use iplayer in the future.

shaun3210

shaun3210

I had a quick look on Iplayer and most programs of an hours length are 600-650mb in size, which is quite a bit if you only have limited bandwidth :(

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Just a reminder that the sectioning documentary is on tonight on BBC4 at 9.

shaun3210

shaun3210

I don’t know tbh? :unsure: it just seemed a lot more civilised than my experiences of being threatened with being sectioned and also of others who I have met while on sections and the dealings with MH professional didn’t seem life like to me.

The Bipolar guy I did get a strong feeling of him being abandoned by MH services when he was alone in the bungalow, he didn’t say anything on the film but to me it was written all over his face! ...maybe that’s just me transferring my feelings onto the situation? :unsure:

M

myrtlemaid

I suppose in a one off hours programme you cant go too deep into issues but it did seemto be a bit surface skimming to me.

and yes the chap whod rented a bungalow in the "up" phase of his bipolar episode was abandoned .. no cooker and very little furniture ,, he was an intelligent bloke and looked so lost and bewildered . Im sure a good part of that was around how a supposedly civilised society had allowed himto be left to flonder like that..
Care in the community????? Pah Bah and humbug !

Last edited: