• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Battling daytime lonliness

Starless

Starless

Hi all, been a long time.

I think I've gotten too used to having constant company. My partner started a new job this week, but before that we were living in each others pockets and I was happy with always having someone at home with me. Now he's gone for the vast majority of the day, I'm struggling to keep myself distracted from the background shit that goes through my head between the sodding voices and the thoughts of self harm. I've cleaned the house twice over, hurt my back from exercising too much (ffs!) and can't sit still and just watch TV or read without someone here. Going out is still very difficult so that's not going to happen by myself. Feel like I'm just complaining now. Sorry all.

Anywho, I hope everyone's OK as they can be.
Starless

amathus

amathus

Hi Starless good to see you again! You're not complaining, hope we can help. :)

keepsafe

keepsafe

In the same circumstance, hope you get more adjusted to the new situation as time goes on.

When my partner is away I feel at a total loss.

Hope you are going to be ok

KS
xxx

Starless

Starless

Hi KS and Amathus :hugs:

I think the problem is that I always feel the need to hurt myself, I've just gotten used to never being alone long enough and having constant distraction. Keeping myself busy enough for 10 hours a day is proving difficult at best. I'm too restless these days. The silence now he's working is deafening. I suppose I could knit myself into a cocoon. lol

TiredTina

TiredTina

Admin
hi, its brilliant to see you back :D but sorry to hear that youre struggling. Maybe you'll stay around and find some company on here, we are more than happy to listen as always.

TT xx :hug:

Starless

Starless

:hugs: Thanks T.

I may well hang around here like a bad smell.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I think daytime loneliness is why i'm such an insomniac.
It's easier to be alone at night, because there's no illusion that the world's getting on with life. Everybody else is asleep, and so it makes it feel like i've got some control over the loneliness (if that makes sense).
It's difficult to get through the day, isn't it? :hug1:

Have you tried anything artsy? Personally when i'm being creative or making something, my brain seems to quieten down a lot. x