• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

bank

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Quickly: so basically I am pissed off

Let's call it Bank A

I been with Bank A for several years now

All my direct debits etc goes in and out of that bank account

They want me to go onto online banking but every time I try register with it it refuses says I have to phone them

So I phoned them, they couldn't do it at their end either

So they basically blame me and say I have to go in branch to get it sorted

Problem: there isn't a branch that is still open that I can get to cause they closed down the branch nearest me

I cannot get to any other branch without problems cause of work hours

Do they care? No

So I want to find out how I can move everything from bank A to bank B which is in the local town and the staffs there are amazing they are so helpful they would give you the very clothes off their back if they could ❤

MarieRose

MarieRose

You can transfer to the bank you want to so long as you don't have an overdraft and owe your existing bank any money.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

You can transfer to the bank you want to so long as you don't have an overdraft and owe your existing bank any money.
how do i transfer though? would it move all my direct debits etc across to there as well?
idk if i'm making sense with this question

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
you just say you want to set up an account with the other bank, they transfer everything then you can close your old bank acccount mind you if your on benefits they may offer you a basic bank account that is limited and doesn't say give you acess to the atm network

P

Prycejosh1987

Anyone know how to switch from one bank to another?

I post about it later I have to run
Just go into a another bank and then take it from there. I switched from HSBC to Natwest easily. It was because HSBC kept taking out money out my account to pay off a loan. The problem was HSBC would take out money twice in one month. So i switched.