• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

bank taking th piss!

sahasrara

sahasrara

I don't understand how this is possible last week a company which I stopped paying months ago (coz I couldn't afford it) took 150 quid out my account so I went straight 2 th bank 2 sort it. It's an unauthorized transaction on my account an will take about 2 weeks 2 sort an hopefully get my money back, annoying as they cleared me out. Now this morning I check my account and they have done it again 80 quid gone! How can th bank let them do this wen they already under investigation! It really is taking th piss as I'm being charged for being in my overdraft! Arrrg! Anyone else have problems like this?

Hellbilly

Hellbilly

The sods lol
Firstly did you actually stop the payment thru the bank?... Maybe they at fault there
I think I would gt back onto bank ASAP and let them know that it's unacceptable and their fault and you gonna be changing banks if they don't sort it quickly
Good luck

sahasrara

sahasrara

Yeah I went in and canceled all my direct debits that wernt essential coz I was struggling for money. I can't even phone th company up as they went into administration in Nov last year

Hellbilly

Hellbilly

That prob explains why they so desperate for money then.
Not your problem tho . It's the banks fault get them to sort it fast
Because it sounds like its been illegally taken .
Even if you do owe them it. You canceled so they have to find other ways of getting it

sahasrara

sahasrara

Apparently I signed a contract that sed if I dint pay they would take th full amount out my account. So there nothing I can do so I'm screwed basically.

dodo777

dodo777

The system is slowly crashing the whole country is in a mess cause cameron has cut to fast to hard not giving people and industry time to cope.
Why do you think they now want the rich to cough up because the poor has nothing else to give.Put it in writing that you want all direct debits cancelled thats what my bank told me that way they cant blame you.

Hellbilly

Hellbilly

I remember years ago my grandad saying that banks weren't to be trusted . Turned out he was right . Your money if you have it isn't safe anywhere .best spending it as quickly as possible lol.if I ever win the lottery watch how fast I spend it .banks getting none of it lol