• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Badness...

S

Sammisal

I am totally at a loss. I returned to work after a month off with my depression in the middle of last week, but didn't make it in today (Tuesday). My manager texted me and asked me to call her in the evening, which I did. And she told me that they are referring me to Occupational Health. I totally feel like giving up. I'm 24 and I feel like my life is over - there just doesn't seem to be any point at all. I was doing ok. I had a bad morning this morning, which is why I didn't go into work today, but I was a lot better this afternoon - I figured come tomorrow I'd be ok. I work in a school as well and tomorrow is half term, so I'll get a bit of time off then. But now that I've heard this absolutely nothing seems worth it.

This is a bit of a ramble. I'm slightly concerned about the OH stuff, but I'll deal with that when I hear more about it. But now this has just knocked me completely.

Sam

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Having to try and deal with stuff like that when you are not very well is really tough Sam and can knock you back as it has done. I hope that the half-term break helps you to get back to a more positive place but it may be that you are still depressed in which case you should certainly go back to your GP (or whoever is your medical professional). It might be a good idea to see if you can get some help when the time does come for dealing with OH - from a union, friend, colleague, advocacy service or whoever.

Mornings are often the worst time (well they are for me anyway -my test of a really fantastic day would be one where I woke up and instantly felt good, happy and purposeful!).

Anyway let us know how you are getting on.

Nick.

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hiya Sam!
I wouldnt worry bout the OH thing... most places of work have this in place now to basically see if youre alright to return to work and youre not coming back too early! i had too go see ours at work about a month or so back as id had 4 days off owing to an infection and a day off because i crashed my car and all it was was a nurse asking if im still on any antibiotics, how im feeling etc. i know how youre feeling tho cos i was pretty apprehensive! if you still dont feel up to work they can suggest you reduce your hours to reduce your stress too, thats all theyre there for :)
i was prettyb nervous thinking im gonna get a disciplinary or something but its nothing like that at all!

hope everything goes well for you :) :hug:

S

Sammisal

Hey, yeah, I spoke to someone who said the same thing about the OH thing. It isn't that in itself - it's just what it means. In terms of everything.

Thanks both of you, though. I feel a bit bad because I've started another thread. Depression is a funny thing. How're you folks doing?

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
:) there's no problem about starting another thread - do that whenever you want or feel like it.

Nick.

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Noo dont feel bad for starting a new thread :) s'what the forums here for!

to me the OH thing is kinda like work checkin up on you & making sure you werent taking the time off for other reasons other than being ill BUT work say its not its for the employees benefit... either way when i went it wasnt nearly as scary as i thought :)