• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Bad unwanted thoughts!!!!

L

Lionheart

Founding Member

Does it mean I am damned and destined to be a bad person for getting unwanted thoughts, I use to try and justify them by thinking maybe I was just thinking of a good thought and got mixed up, but I feel so guilty.

Last week a whole planned event of how to torture and kill the children and family next door came in my head uncontrollably, not just a bad thought a nightmare when I am awake. All I get when I see someone in the street is unwanted thoughts that cannot be controlled, I 'm sick of this, I want to get on but take a step back when i get these thoughts.

:cry:

A

Apotheosis

I think that if people are honest then everyone gets disturbing, unwanted & 'bad' thoughts sometimes- even all of the 'normals'. What I do is ignore it all. It's just thoughts; it isn't reality. You don't have to act on them, nor entertain them. I tend to just observe them. Through certain mindfulness & meditation techniques I have some success with simply not thinking about certain things, by not giving certain thoughts power, & refusing to think about them - it can be done.

It can be like a 'nightmare on elm street' in my head sometimes - I just try to observe it like I am watching TV - detached observation. I don't need to engage any analytical thinking about any of it. It passes.

Hope that helps.

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
I get similar thoughts quite often and it ties in to the voices i hear as they are often narrated by the voice i get, try not to worry thoughts are just thoughts and you know they are bad so you can't be a bad person or you wouldn't

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
I agree with Apo on this. It seems to me that everyone has these thoughts to one degree or another...but some people find it easy to brush them aside as mere thoughts. Because they can so easily brush them aside they tend not to mention that they have them.

Q

quality factor

Thoughts can be alarming and intrusive, but only as much as you allow them to be. It isn't an easy task dealing with these intrusive thoughts, but it helps if you know you can put effective techniques that work for you in place to try and either divert them or dismiss them without causing yourself too much anxiety. Dealing with these unwanted thoughts can be difficult until you are able to become practised in a method that will help you.
I too have tried listening to music with a mp3 player and headphones until the thoughts subside, this has been the most effective for me, this doesn't annoy the neighbours. Those that know me well enough,realise I am having a bad time with thoughts when I use my headphones.

QF.

L

Lionheart

Founding Member

It is funny you should mention music because I do listen to it is something else to concentrate on I can block but when I relax they come back strong. I even have to have music on while on the forum or I might get some thoughts, Thanks for all the advice everyone, really, ty.

:flowers:

J

jamesdean

I also try to watch it out like it is an event happening in my head and often I will have flash backs and just smile to myself at a later stage.
Also I try to put my two fingers up to all this stuff which helps sometimes when I am able to.
The difference between us and the normal people is that we mad people are the normal guys really they are all in sane anyone who has an ounce of compassion understand mh thouougly.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Harm ocd but a history of being a bad person Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
ZaraHOCD HOCD is Bad...Again Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
E What ifs,hypothesis, worry, bad feeling return. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
T I think I have OCD but I feel like a bad person Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
J I feel like a bad person Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
T Helping a friend with bad OCD & intrusive thoughts - whats the best way to do this? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
E every action with bad thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
G Bad thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Y How do I fight a bad association if it already spoiled my useful hobby? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
C Girlfriend with bad OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
G Bad thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
G Bad thoughts 2 Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
G Bad thoughts 1 Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
G Bad thought Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
G Bad thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
B Bad HOCD, Social Anxiety and Delusions (Auditory Hallucinations, Paranoia). Please help if you can. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
G Bad thought Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
F Bad thoughts and switching them Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
G Bad thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
G Boyfriend bad thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
G Another bad day Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
F Bad Advice from Good Friends: POCD/OCD in general Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
M intrusive thoughts or am i a bad person, help :( Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
R Bad luck or just ocd? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
V This is bad Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C Feeling better today...having weird thoughts though (nothing bad) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B Obsessive thoughts that I’m a bad person. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
M Think my intrusive thoughts can make bad things happen. (always guilty) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
T its bad Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
B Associate girlfriend with bad feeling Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B I can start feeling bad about anything!!! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
W will i be a bad person? intrusive thoughts (possible trigger) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
Fear203 Fear of bad thoughts coming true ??? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
B Connecting Everything with Bad Feelings? OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
M Pure-O OCD... Harm Obsession / Bad Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 13
J Bad ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
angry butterfly had a bad ocd day. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
S Hi, having another bad day - trying to confront fears but just getting more fearful... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
L fear of being a bad person Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
Lonely Angel My OCD is really bad today! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
C POCD or Something bad? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
o.c.d24/7 Bad dark thoughts!!!!!! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M unwanted intrusive thoughts, i feel like im losing my mind Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
R Seeking Techniques That Have Helped You to Stop or Diminish Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
W Repeated unwanted crazy thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
F Obsessive, unwanted, intrusive and irrational thoughts!! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
S OCD unwanted physical sensations. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
J Unwanted harmful thoughts toward others? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3