• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

bad thoughts

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Are suicidal thoughts bad or just bad in other peoples eyes? These constant thoughts are really waring me down and feel I will just succumb to them. Thought about ringing the crisis team but they will make things worse and if it in is your mind to do something why tell the world? Its ok putting it on here as you are a million miles away and I just felt i needed to write it down. Thought about starting a journal a while back but as always the nasty words "why" and "whats the point" fly up in my face.
Fear of the future, not coping with present and not getting help to understand my past all add up to one answer!!
sorry to be so depressing

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Marchhare

I'm sorry you are not feeling too great. I don't know whether suicidal thoughts are good or bad, but I do think they can get habitual. After years of depression I got into a habit and cycle of suicidal thoughts, even if I wasn't feeling so bad. And of course those suicidal thoughts would bring on those suicidal and depressed feelings and the cycle starts again.

For me I had to really challenge them, sometimes to the point of challenging my low thoughts out loud to try and break that habit of persistent negative thinking. It wasn't easy and of course this is written down much simpler than it is to actually do.

Take care
Sapphire

S

starfish

dolores to marchhare

i feel just like you, bombarded with bad thoughts. i have had a totally shit day, made worse by a severe migraine, i have kept myself busy ,even went out for a walk, but still feel very low. i too have had dealings with the crisis team in the past, but feel reluctant to contact them because they havent helped me much,what is the answer to all this, i wish i knew.:(

Last edited:
M

Marchhare

Founding Member
thanks to all, just wish they would stop
m

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Tried to be positive today and keep busy but it was all a failure:(
m

S

*Sapphire*

Hi M

I'm sorry it all went wrong today. What happened?

Take good care of yourself :hug:

J

just.me

Sometimes it is real hard to be positive, when there are no positives, depressed people have to have something to look forward to, something going right.

With us, it's like a little thing is a huge mountain to climb, yet when we are feeling relatively normal it really is only an ant hill.

I wish I could tell you how to rid yourself of the thoughts, but I generally find time, and doing something else helps.

I post on forums. You dont have to face people, and you are faceless.

Are there other places where you could post, maybe help in someway with regards what you do in real life

scarred4life

scarred4life

Sometimes it is real hard to be positive, when there are no positives, depressed people have to have something to look forward to, something going right.

With us, it's like a little thing is a huge mountain to climb, yet when we are feeling relatively normal it really is only an ant hill.
that is EXACTLY how i feel. i believe i have done nothing in my life to be proud of and i have nothing to look forward to. how much of a failure am i??:mad:

what stands out in my life is sh, suicide attempt and jail...hooraaaahhh...i'm so great...