• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

bad thoughts

M

manu29

Hello,

Not sure this is the most relevant forum but here it is.
Some times I have angry thoughts and it bothers me, it feels wrong, sad, and uncomfortable.
A few times I spontaneously expressed them and got instant shocked reactions from people around me.
  • For instance, when I was a child, upon learning the accidental death of some celebrity, I got angry and insulted him although I knew nothing about him. One schoolmate immediately reacted. I believe I got angry that he got some attention (and for what?) and not me.
  • Later, I got angry that some person was taking a "long" time leaving a parking spot, and I grumbled insults. A colleague that was with me reacted to my reaction.
  • Recently I got somewhat angry that a homeless person solliciting at a cross road was blocking my view for checking the safety of the traffic. Sometimes I get disdainful afterthoughts for him even at home, but at least I don't vent these thoughts.

My "mental history" goes much deeper than that, but that's enough as a starting point.

So my question is is there anything to be done to get rid of such thoughts and anger?

Thanks

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Manu. Welcome to the forum. I believe therapy will help you with these thoughts. Therapy will help to find out what triggers your response and help you to deal with it.