• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bad thoughts

N

Nate

I keep having bad thoughts about taking my meds. He keeps on telling me to get off my clozapine as well as the other drugs that I'm on. He keeps on telling me that I am going to have a heart attack if I continue to take my meds. I don't know what to do. I told my case manager and he just said use your tool's from your tool box. Just abunch of bull shit if you ask me. Does anyone else have this conflict with thoughts telling them what to do?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
My voice is frequently telling me to stop taking my meds, he'll say "leave me alone!" many times a day and begging for his abilities back, abilities are that apparently taken away by the use of medication.

Finite

Finite

It's a constant battle with the voices when it comes to taking meds for me and I hear you when it comes to your concerns about the potential damage to your health from taking them.

I used to be on injections, which made the battle a little easier, because it took that responsibility out of my hands, but they stopped making the depot that worked well for me and since then I've been taking tablets instead.

I tend to remind myself when the daily fight is going on over whether I take the tablets or not, that if it's bad now, it'll be a whole hell of a lot worse if I don't take them.

I hope you're able to find some peace with this issue.