Bad thoughts

K

kt_bee311

I keep getting these thoughts about people I used to go out with. It’s bothering me they just pop up in my head. I haven’t talked to these people in however long so idk why I just randomly think of them. I think it’s part of my ocd but it scares me. What do these thoughts mean? Should I just ignore them? I read that unwanted thoughts are thoughts you can’t control and that just get in your mind, these seem pretty accurate to that. What are your thoughts?

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

I'm sorry you have bad thoughts. O.C.D. is horrid. I had bad thoughts about me doing horrible gross things to babies and children. That led to a suicide attempt because I couldn't bring myself to live with those repulsive images. Realize that those thoughts are NOT your thoughts. You need to talk to a good trustworthy psychiatrist about getting on a medication to limit, stop, or lessen the emotional impact of the images-thoughts. Anafranil did wonders for me and even saved my life from another suicide attempt. But I had to get off of it because of side effects. I now take Luvox every morning. Please talk to your doctor. Also I recommend therapy and or support groups too. Good luck and take care. :hug:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Ignoring unwanted thoughts, in my experience, won't work, its like saying "don't think of pink elephants" your going to think of pink elephants cause you told yourself not to think of them :hug:

Best thing you can do is get professional help for those thoughts :hug:

H

Hail

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I have OCD also, but the this type of problem does not affect me much, dont come often and dont last to long most of the times.

I noticed when I dont worry about them ang ignore them helps, because this way i am not feeding them. Worring about this bad thoughts will make the problem worse and worse. It's all about a vicious circle of obsession and anxiety. My experience.
Focusing your mind on something else will help? (without telling yourself obsessively that you need to focus on other things, just try to be chill)

And i agree with midnight, you may need professional help.