• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bad Paranoia

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

I had bad paranoia last night, I was convinced they was coming to kill me, even though i was with hubby and they couldnt get into the flat. I heard my mother's voice last night, at first it sounded soothing, cause i was so scared then she got sarcastic in how she was saying it. Although I was tired it took me awhile to get off to sleep because i was so scared i wouldnt wake up in the morning, that i was going to be killed in my sleep.

A

Apotheosis

I've been there; with the same, similar & worse.

It's horrible paranoia.

Hope that you feel better soon.

L

looneylenny

weel done NeoDelta :D
you managed to drift off you sleep & ignore them

keep going chick, we're all rooting for ya x

J

jakelong

I try not to worry about anything. You know I'm Christian, so Christian reflection is something I have going on in my mind.

I tell you this, because last night the voice wanted me to reflect on things to distract me and say bad things. I was watching the Winter Games. I got lured in a little to what it was saying so I started substituting the word Canada into what the voice would say. When it would ask me what something meant I would think of Canada and how it is a country in the Winter games.

This worked for a while, long enough that I could change gears and once again pay attention to what was going on in the events.

I hope you get to feeling better. It's best to ignore these voices altogether, but sometimes I find myself needing to change gears so to speak, then ignore them.

M

mad as a hatter

been through the same my self they r quite scary try hard just ignore them

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
god that stuff is bad paranoia i mean sorry you had a bad night diddy:)

B

bebe

I think the majority of people on this forums understand just what u went through that night it is horrible and seems so real to you.
You probably woke up in the mroning and thought about this episode all day but try not to worry and try and concentrate on saying to yourself it was not real this does help some of the time,
Hope u feel a little better today

R

richie1231

I've been there, thinking that the next morning you wont wake up. I was in the mental health hospital convinced that a small number of people were trying to kill me for the price of 20 grand. I was convinced that they would strangle me in my sleep (some of the other patiants). I thought no one could help because the situation was to big well people involved. I stayed up for 3 and a half days until the staff put me to sleep with meds. I hope next time I realise that i'm i'll like some of you do. I've only had 2 episodes now but I never realise, the last I ended up putting through 5 windows on a neighbours house over the back garden convinced of things i wont go into. The voices for me arn't voices but sound, the sounds of things happening, people taking the piss, i dont get the direct voice I'm unable to realise when I am i'll when i'll. Luckely I take well to the meds.

J

jamesdean

paranoia is a horriable condition trying to work out the truth somedays is so difficult.

B

bebe

The word paranoia is used by every one but paranoia becomes a big problem when it never goes away like me my paranoid thoughts start of small and as hours pass develop into this massive thoughts that more or less takes over my brain and it is so hard to try not believe it this is when u never know what to believe is real or just a delusion

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

its back, im scared, THEY are outside my flat, they want me dead, i cant deal with this, its scaring me, the voices are talking about me to one another, laughing being creul and nasty. I hate this, want to cut because im finding it hard to deal with it all, they want me to hurt myself, i wont though because they will win, just wish they would go away.