Bad news for the wrag

I

insomnia56

Lincolnshire via London and all points in between
I see that the Welfare Reform Act has been passed and those of us who have been on Contribution Related ESA for over a year will be cut off if we don't qualify for Income Related ESA.

Apparently DWP will be phoning everyone who has been on it over a year or is nearing it to see if they want to apply for IR ESA. That will be really helpful for the large number of us who don't answer the phone!!

I won't qualify because my husband works full time, but they don't tell you how you are suddenly supposed to manage with a drop in household income of around £400pm. I know that even with it we don't exactly live the high life. We don't smoke, we don't go out and we haven't been on holiday for many years. Our money just goes on bills. Makes you just want to give up and check out.

I'm sure many of you will be in the same/worse situation thanks to this act. :stomp: :help::cry:

W

wish

Founding Member
I hope they phone me before they stop my benefits, I am sick of this benefits system causes me so much anxiety and stress
I have been thinking a lot recently about just walking away from the house and everything, I can understand why some
people end up living on the streets

dib4uk

dib4uk

Yeah ive been on contribution based ESA for over 2 years now, i wouldve thought that my contribution wouldve run out by now...As im single, have no savings, i should get income related ESA.

shytom

shytom

It sucks the way the Welfare Reform Bill has been handled, even when the Lords disagreed with the Commons over certain aspects of it the Commons just uses it's force to push it through even though so many Charities had raised major concerns over it.

I kind of consider myself lucky that I didn't get moved into Contribution Based ESA WRAG from IB until last August and not sooner, buys me a little time but I won't get Income Based ESA even though my review is in July as girlfriend works full time as well as studying.

Losing £400pm will give me no option but to return to work against my GP's and Psychiatrist's advice, it's annoying cause I although I am not yet well enough to work I am well enough to NOT qualify for the support group.

Although I am annoyed about it, the people my heart goes out for are the ones that will lose it next month if it comes into force as expected on the 30 April as said by DWP here:
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/adviser/updates/proposed-changes-to-contribution/

If anyone wants to read the full bill by the way it can be found here (in PDF Format):
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/5/pdfs/ukpga_20120005_en.pdf