• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bad News - Crisis

A

Affective

I have had to leave my job because I am in a crisis and I am going in to hospital to recover. I am very depressed and I am seeing people that aren't there and they are telling me to harm myself. Also over the past few months I have developed a drinking problem that needs to be sorted out.

I'll talk to you guys soon. Take care my friends.

G

gmh

sometimes i pray at night that I can just go to hospital to rest and get rid of these demons forevers. I'm sure it's not a peice of cake in reality and wish you the best of luck affective.

A

Affective

You wouldn't believe what happened. I went to AandE so I could go be reffered to somewhere safe. I waited two hours, and no one showed up! I am in a dangerous mind state (a danger to myself) and seems no one wants to help! Fucking hell!

G

gmh

awwww calm down love. so you left in the end? thats so bad of them although I am unsure what normal practise would be in that case anyway

A

Affective

awwww calm down love. so you left in the end? thats so bad of them although I am unsure what normal practise would be in that case anyway
To be honest, in two hours I could seriously hurt myself or even killed myself. This is terrible service. I am seriously lost on what to do to keep myself alive now.

G

gmh

do you have family with you? anyone you could call to keep you company?

A

Affective

do you have family with you? anyone you could call to keep you company?
My mum and dad are with me, they won't let me go anywhere alone. My friend is picking me up later to go to his, he wants to make sure I am safe.

G

gmh

thats good then atleast you have a support group around you. i wish you the best of luck

S

starfish

affective

i think that staff in a general hospital are not clued up to mh. they should be. do you have an out of hours team to call? what about the samaritans. there must be someone you can talk to.

Star-28

Star-28

we all have been there Affective. We are here for you. I had to pull out of college for the same exact reason. I got on my meds and rested up for a while and a few months later was able to return to school.

I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree!! I could not believe it!! You will be okay!! Just keep people around you and remember we are here!!!

:grouphug:

A

Affective

i think that staff in a general hospital are not clued up to mh. they should be. do you have an out of hours team to call? what about the samaritans. there must be someone you can talk to.
The the out of hours team will just refer me to that shit team before that didn't show up.

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

Ive been told that out of hours have to come and see you before refering you to the crisis team, that way they can see you and assess you themselves, the out of hours have to be trained in mental health, to spot the signs etc, could you give them a try if you dont get anywhere with any of the other services.

All the best
:grouphug:

A

Affective

It's gone from bad to worse :(

I'm so pissed off with both teams interfering with my life that I have told both of them that I'm discharging myself. Then they came back for a mental health act assessment and I just closed the door on them, ran out the back and didn't come back until they were gone.