• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bad New for Aberdeen.

A

AbzWayne

OK, some neews just in, Claire Wilkie (from Aberdeen City Council) was in past at Pillar today to have a chat with them. She comes in past the Alford Centre tomorrow at 2pm.

Jackie Edwards (of Mental Health Aberdeen) has given us a little heads up as she has heard from Claire that the decision is in.

The provision of service is going to go to a tender process, that means the letter that Collective Advocacy have created with the assistance of the members from the Alford Centre is going to get noticed and we (the people with mental health considerations) need to make sure that ALL our requirements for a service are met.

There was also some information ( unconfirmed at this point *15th Feb ) of further cut backs from the council for the up coming months ahead.
Figures will be added upon conformation, but are thought to be about 1/3rd back.

To say that this is a slap in the face for all concerned is well and truely understated, I personally think that they way the council are treating this whole thing as a way to squeeze the services dry... BIG TIME!!! And with my forward thinking head on, this is going to back fire on them in a very bad way in the near future.
After all, don't the council have a duty of care for the people of Aberdeen.

I, as always, will be watching closely with baited breath for the official news.

Disclaimer:
Please make a note that the information I have passed on here and the comments I have made are entirely my own, can be justified if required and not influenced in any way to be biased against or for any specific company or persons.

M

mad as a hatter

oh the council ain,t ne better where i live there shutting down the mental health crisis line where i live a very valid service but it comes down 2 money as usual and the council having 2 much say shouldn,t be allowed they say mh is important but they talk utter shit so now it,s going put pressure on other services cause there shutting down this line and it was good cause u could use it a nite that was important the goverment r a joke

Erme

Erme

Founding Member
Thanks for that W...I was hoping to make the AC meeting today but don't know if I will be able to due to vertigo. If you could please post a summary it'd be appreciated.

Hope everyone is well. I've had rows with pillar over their STOOPID mobile phone policy. No mobiles in drop in. I'm like 'I need my agenda' etc etc. And the members are so paranoid about it all - argh. I mean c'mon...if we WANTED to take a video and post on youtube I'm sure we could without them even realising!!! It's called button cameras.

And I have a homeless person staying (in my bottom bunk) who is also a facebook addict (local politician guy - sae nae mair) so if you don't see me around and want to pop by guys leave me a message on here and I'll give you my no...

Blessings

E

Erme

Erme

Founding Member
PS. If anyone wants the email addies of the funders to campaign for AC I have them (claire wilkie, sandy reid etc). I sent a slagging off re Pillar a while back because (a) they don't provide food (b) £1 for instant coffee is fleecing (c) the mobile phone thing (see above) so if anyone has any other arguments for either centre again PM me and I can either give you their email addies or forward them....

E