Bad luck or just ocd?

R

Rubinsun

Do you guys often feel like you have just bad luck and that is the reason why some anxiety begins?
I'm not talking about superstition like that i have done something that is creating it or nothing like that.
I'm asking it because I'm not often sure if some situations or things that have happened lead to anxiety because just bad luck (like why this have to happen) or is it just the way ocd might work that it always finds a way to arise. Like my ocd is making me feel that i have bad luck even though it's the ocd that is just taking over and creating these distressing thoughts around these things.
So I'm asking, have you often think that you have bad luck? Ps. sorry for my english I'm not native speaker.

ReverieAnxiety

ReverieAnxiety

Hi Rubinsun!

I don't like to believe that I have bad luck; it takes my personal power away. I do believe that that unfortunate happens to us, but regardless, I try to be the best I can, and live the best I kind no matter where I'm at in life. As for the ruminating thoughts, they're such a pain in the butt! I understand how annoying it can be when you're own thoughts are putting you down, or working against you. I sort of developed a trick with thoughts like those. I would ask myself, "Is this thought really me? Do I really feel that way about myself?" One time I asked "Who are you?" And guess what? I didn't get a response back, so I know those bad thoughts weren't really mines! Those thoughts didn't have a source. Those thoughts were just thoughts. An advice that I was giving was to also focus on something else, or perhaps replace your thoughts with good ones. Good luck! Please lemme know how you're doing sometimes!

-Reverie

35cents

Do you guys often feel like you have just bad luck and that is the reason why some anxiety begins?
I'm not talking about superstition like that i have done something that is creating it or nothing like that.
I'm asking it because I'm not often sure if some situations or things that have happened lead to anxiety because just bad luck (like why this have to happen) or is it just the way ocd might work that it always finds a way to arise. Like my ocd is making me feel that i have bad luck even though it's the ocd that is just taking over and creating these distressing thoughts around these things.
So I'm asking, have you often think that you have bad luck? Ps. sorry for my english I'm not native speaker.
Hi Rubinsun!

I don't like to believe that I have bad luck; it takes my personal power away. I do believe that that unfortunate happens to us, but regardless, I try to be the best I can, and live the best I kind no matter where I'm at in life. As for the ruminating thoughts, they're such a pain in the butt! I understand how annoying it can be when you're own thoughts are putting you down, or working against you. I sort of developed a trick with thoughts like those. I would ask myself, "Is this thought really me? Do I really feel that way about myself?" One time I asked "Who are you?" And guess what? I didn't get a response back, so I know those bad thoughts weren't really mines! Those thoughts didn't have a source. Those thoughts were just thoughts. An advice that I was giving was to also focus on something else, or perhaps replace your thoughts with good ones. Good luck! Please lemme know how you're doing sometimes!

-Reverie
I have an interesting take on this - I do feel at times I’m in the “wrong place at the wrong time”. I have contamination OCD and think sometimes I’m “exposed” because I’m in that exact place at that exact time to be exposed. Then I have to fight the compulsions and curse the fact that I was in the place, wanting to turn back time and avoid the situation altogether. I’m relatively new to all this and am going the therapy route, hopefully this will subside with help.