• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bad dreams

Connorisnotokay

Connorisnotokay

Most nights I dream of being tortured or violence. Does anyone get these dreams?

I haven't had a good dream in years. I don't know why my dreams are so disturbing. I think it gets me down a lot.

They are like nightmares, but I never wake up from them. I think it would help me a lot if they didn't haunt me.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I used to dream and have nightmares like that but as i have gotten older, i don't have them so much. I'm sure they will stop eventually.

Some medication can affect sleep and some illnesses can too, so that you spend more time in the dream phase.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I have nightmares and bad dreams. I think when we are unhappy and have fears they do tend to be released into our dreams. If you are on any medication then nightmares can be worse too.

R

RTLP

Hi Connor,

I was reading some of your older posts. You say you did something terrible 10 years ago. 10 years ago you were 11-12. You were a child. Was this terrible thing so terrible or is it something in your head? Did you kill or rape someone? Also something else about your self harming. Have you thought redirecting this to something that is not destructive like trying different chilly peppers?